Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Open

Moderator: Team

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:22 pm

axegrinder I agree on the diet thingie!! My Wife just found out 2 years ago @ 64 years old that she was gluten intolerant by reading a book given to her by her daughter. I don't know how many times she had seen Dr after Dr and had upper and lower GIs done that missed this?? Getting off gluten alone has made her a new person, BUT, I will say that it also has created a real problem when she does accidentally get some gluten in her system. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone THAT sick and it usually lasts from 2 to 4 hours. Needless to say she does watch what she eats very closely and in the past 2 years she's only gotten sick from it about 3 times.

We've also been looking into several diets for my RA, one of which is the Paleo diet, which has a pretty good success rate in tests run on RA patients. The study shows that 80% of those involved had positive results with it. Only question is can I tolerate it?? I guess time will tell on that one.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

User avatar
woody b
Expert
Expert
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by woody b » Thu May 19, 2016 8:06 pm

A couple things. Organic, antibiotic free, steroid free, whatever free food was mentioned. A good friend of mine had a Great Uncle that was a hog farmer. He also had a garden, chickens ect. Pretty much everything he ate was something he had grown. He had a massive stroke and died. He was the kind of person who pretty much never went to a Doctor. After his death a Doctor said eating too much pork caused his massive stroke. He was 94 years old. That doesn't mean I'll be "ready" to die if I make it to 94, but I'm not scared to eat pork.

Apple Cider vinegar. I used to have terrible heartburn. An old racing friend of mine was friends with an old Indian medicine man. He said to take a spoon full of organic (non pasturized) apple cider vinegar every day. I've been doing that for over 30 years and I never have heartburn. I'm 52 years old. I'm 5'9", and 215 pounds, and I eat a lot of red meat. My Cholesterol numbers are excellent, my blood pressure is never higher than 110 over 70, and even though both of my parents and 3 of my grandparents had type 2 diabetes my A1C is 5. Some claim that apple cider vinegar helps with all this stuff. Maybe it helps with RA too.

I need to add. A spoon full of apple cider vinegar is AWFUL, but I take one every day.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:03 am

Here's an interesting article with a book reference on DIET. This is especially interesting since the Wife and I have been considering the Paleo Diet! I might have to buy this one!

“Modern” Western Nutrition Is Deep In The Dark Ages …A Catastrophe Of “Modern” Science
By P Gosselin on 25. May 2016

- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2016/05/25/mode ... mdFdy.dpuf
Nothing is more dangerous than bad science driven by arrogance. Readers here are very much aware of this when it comes to climate science. Yet, as surprising as it may sound, the problem of junk science is even far worse in the field of Nutrition.

Book (right) available at Amazon.

Recently I read a book written by Dr. Weston Price, published in 1938 – almost 80 years ago: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.

Weston Price was an American dentist who had been shocked by the wave of physical degeneration he observed among patients, who suffered tremendously from caries and facial deformities, along with the number of crippling diseases that seemed to accompany it.

To find out what was happening, he journeyed to many remote regions across the globe to study “primitive” tribes and people who were still isolated from “modern” living. What he found was stunning and revealing: These people were in tremendous physical and mental condition. He observed that physical degeneration had little to do with genetics, was mostly nutrition-based, and that it took only one generation to turn a physically superior community of people into a health and societal basket case.

He journeyed to isolated areas of the globe where the so-called “primitive” people relied on their own local natural food sources and customs for nourishment and health. Their practices had been perfected over generations. Price examined tens of thousands of teeth, facial forms, dental arches of not only living persons, but also of exhumed skulls. He found near dental perfection and few modern diseases among them. Health was at an impeccable level.

No matter if it was a community in Switzerland or Polynesians in the South Pacific, those who relied on their traditional food staples were in a state of excellent health and near physical perfection.

Throughout the book Price describes natives of great physical strength, well-being, keen intelligence and near zero crime rates within their communities. Cancer, heart disease and metabolic syndrome – our modern diseases – were almost non-existent. But as soon as these peoples and tribes came into contact with western “modern” nutrition, their health deteriorated rapidly and dramatically.

What follow are sample photos of what Dr. Price typically found. It did not matter where or what race he examined. They were all healthy and shared a common denominator: excellent animal-based nutrition.

Read the rest of this article HERE
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Had that appointment with the RA Dr today. Preliminary blood work was RA positive but inconclusive in other areas and he ordered MORE of that saying there was some indications of either Lupus or Sjogren's syndrome, which is also an auto immune disease. Good news is he says that all three conditions can be treated with basically the same medications. I've got another appointment in two weeks and he will give me a prescription then. He says that he's going to start me on Plaquenil fist to see how I respond to that then maybe try Methotrexate either with Plaquenil or by itself if needed. He also says that I'm in the early stages of RA and at this point it's very treatable.

Only question now is will my system tolerate these two drugs? Time will tell I guess.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:50 am

UPDATE:
Good news, Bad news. Good news is, according to the latest blood tests, I DO NOT have Rheumatoid Arthritis?? Yeah, new blood work came back NEGATIVE for that. :shock:

Bad news is I tested POSITIVE for both LUPUS and SJOGREN'S SYNDROME?? :( Sort of one of those WTF moments I guess. The Lupus is causing the arthritis (among other things including the Sjogren's) that I'm experiencing and from what I've read, there is very little difference between this type of arthritis and RA as both will cripple you in the joints they effect. Lupus is also treated with the same drugs used to treat RA so although the NAME of what I have has changed, the symptoms and treatment remain basically the same.

So today I go looking for a cheap source of the generic drug for Plaquenil as I'll be taking 200MG of that twice a day from now on, IF it works that is. If it doesn't, then the next step is to take Methotrexate with it and try that. I'm hoping my system will tolerate these "cheap" drugs and control it as the alternatives are VERY expensive!

The positive note here is that I've lived 70 years without any major health issues so I've truly been blessed.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6472
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:35 am

woody b wrote:A couple things. Organic, antibiotic free, steroid free, whatever free food was mentioned. A good friend of mine had a Great Uncle that was a hog farmer. He also had a garden, chickens ect. Pretty much everything he ate was something he had grown. He had a massive stroke and died. He was the kind of person who pretty much never went to a Doctor. After his death a Doctor said eating too much pork caused his massive stroke. He was 94 years old. That doesn't mean I'll be "ready" to die if I make it to 94, but I'm not scared to eat pork.

Apple Cider vinegar. I used to have terrible heartburn. An old racing friend of mine was friends with an old Indian medicine man. He said to take a spoon full of organic (non pasturized) apple cider vinegar every day. I've been doing that for over 30 years and I never have heartburn. I'm 52 years old. I'm 5'9", and 215 pounds, and I eat a lot of red meat. My Cholesterol numbers are excellent, my blood pressure is never higher than 110 over 70, and even though both of my parents and 3 of my grandparents had type 2 diabetes my A1C is 5. Some claim that apple cider vinegar helps with all this stuff. Maybe it helps with RA too.

I need to add. A spoon full of apple cider vinegar is AWFUL, but I take one every day.
I have posted this before several times.

There is/was a pair of Aussie Dr's that got a Nobel Peace Prize for finding out that something stupid like raw cabbage juice will help fight acid reflux. It seems the juice has enzymes in it that kill the bacterial infection they found was actually the root cause of acid reflux.

pdq67

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Just an FYI, the cheapest price I found for 200mg Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate (generic Plaquenil) was at Sam's Club Pharmacy. If you have a Sam's Club Plus membership you can get a 30 day supply (60 pills) for $47.06, which is about HALF what Walmart Pharmacy wanted @ $91. And believe it or not, the 30 day price at Sam's was CHEAPER than the 90 day price for the same drug?? WTF?? But even with the $100 Sam's Club PLUS membership cost I'll save a more than enough each year to offset that buying the 30 day refills.

Now I just hope it will work! [-o<
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

User avatar
woody b
Expert
Expert
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by woody b » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Good luck Ken. I hope it gives you relief with no side effects.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:22 pm

UPDATE: Well, I've been on the drug Plaquenil now for one week today and so far the side effects have been very minimal. Some skin rash along with some heart burn and a couple of incidences of diarrhea but that's been about it. If it doesn't get any worse than this it's a keeper. =D>

I've also got to say that I'm VERY impressed with the prices of drugs at Sam's Club Pharmacy! The service I get there is WAY better than it was at Walmart too. I can call Sam's and get prices on drugs without having to take the prescription in like at Walmart. So far I'm averaging savings in the 45% range on what drugs I've bought at Sam's over what Walmart wanted for the same stuff.

The Wife and I went there Thursday to pick up another prescription and we did some grocery shopping while we were there. I figured we saved about $58, which more than paid for the extra 10 miles of driving to get there and back. :shock:

So, I just hope that the medication will continue to work without too much more in the side effects dept.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 am

UPDATE: Well, it's gone down hill from the last update??

On the night of June 23rd I noticed some subtle changes in my night vision here in the house? So the next day I went looking online for reasons for it and it came back to the Plaquenil that I had started taking on June 11th. I also ran across a website for the Amsler Grid, which is used to diagnose early stages of Macular Degeneration and that showed me some stuff I didn't like as well. So on the 27th I stopped taking the drugs and called my eye Dr for an appointment. Saw that Dr on the 29th and he ran that field of vision test again and this time it showed some "issues" that he couldn't deal with so he referred me to a retina specialist who I saw yesterday.

Bad news is I have what she called "pre-macular degeneration spots inside my eyes but she says they are not related to the Plaquenil as it only affects the retina. Some of the symptoms I'm having are or can be related to the Plaquenil but she says that it's too early to know for sure whether it's really affecting my night vision. She also told me that "if" the Plaquenil starts attacking the retina of my eyes there's NOTHING that can be done to stop it, and that I'd go blind??? Sort of a WTF moment if you will.

So, having said all that, she recommended that I NOT take the Plaquenil any more so now I'm basically back to square one.

Don't know about you guys, but being blind ain't something I can live with so I'll see my Rheumatologist in a week or so to see what he can do now. I think Methotrexate is the next drug up the ladder so I'm guessing he will switch me to that one.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by axegrinder » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Ken0069 wrote:UPDATE: Well, it's gone down hill from the last update??

On the night of June 23rd I noticed some subtle changes in my night vision here in the house? So the next day I went looking online for reasons for it and it came back to the Plaquenil that I had started taking on June 11th. I also ran across a website for the Amsler Grid, which is used to diagnose early stages of Macular Degeneration and that showed me some stuff I didn't like as well. So on the 27th I stopped taking the drugs and called my eye Dr for an appointment. Saw that Dr on the 29th and he ran that field of vision test again and this time it showed some "issues" that he couldn't deal with so he referred me to a retina specialist who I saw yesterday.

Bad news is I have what she called "pre-macular degeneration spots inside my eyes but she says they are not related to the Plaquenil as it only affects the retina. Some of the symptoms I'm having are or can be related to the Plaquenil but she says that it's too early to know for sure whether it's really affecting my night vision. She also told me that "if" the Plaquenil starts attacking the retina of my eyes there's NOTHING that can be done to stop it, and that I'd go blind??? Sort of a WTF moment if you will.

So, having said all that, she recommended that I NOT take the Plaquenil any more so now I'm basically back to square one.

Don't know about you guys, but being blind ain't something I can live with so I'll see my Rheumatologist in a week or so to see what he can do now. I think Methotrexate is the next drug up the ladder so I'm guessing he will switch me to that one.
Ken, have you ever tried acupuncture? Just a thought. (I'm not a hippie, really) :)
I'm sure the studies say that only a small percentage of patients go blind but to me this is the sort of sh!t that makes me stay away from doctors and prescription drugs as much as possible!
My wife was given an antibiotic that gave her a rash on her face after two doses. I did some quick research and one of the possible side effects would make your jaw drop! Steven Johnson Syndrome is a life threatening skin condition that is mostly caused by certain medications. It's equivalent to being burned to death! You go to a burn unit for treatment. :shock: From an antibiotic that gets flung at patients with very little care or warning! I couldn't even tell her what might be happening. I made her stop taking the meds (poison) right away. Luckily the rash faded and she was fine after a couple of days. The severity of Steven Johnson syndrome is directly related to how quick you stop taking the offending medication.
We all know these drugs are developed to make the drug company lots of money. Helping man kind is in a distant second place on the list. I hope you find something that helps without the ridiculous side effects. The newer generations of drugs seem to all be sh!t though.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by Ken0069 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Yeah Axe, I was OK with the Plaquenil until I found out what it does. The part about it NOT stopping horking up your eyes even after you STOP taking it is the part that got me. With your Wife, at least the symptoms went away after she stopped that medicine. Plaquenil, not so much as the shit collects in the retina and stays there!

From what I've read on Methotrexate it's not much better but doesn't affect your eyes, just your gut and liver, ie, possible shits and pukes for XX period of time until your system gets used to it? The side effects do go away if you stop it though. Methotrexate IS CHEMO THERAPY BTW and some PPL have had their hair fall out from it.

Got an appointment with the Rheumatologist tomorrow at 2pm.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6472
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by pdq67 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:15 pm

pdq67 wrote:
RevTheory wrote:You may want to dig pretty deep into autoimmune disease as the underlying cause. I've been dealing with it for over a decade now and I've seen many times in my studies how RA is a symptom of it.

Something, food allergy, leaky gut, low-grade but long-winded viral, bacterial, fungal infection... something may have your immune system wigged out and it's turned on you. RA is when it's turned on your cartilage.

I hope it helps.
My "Wood-Hippie" Buddy, Doc tells me that it might be because of "wastes" created by bacteria living in your joints and ligaments "eating processes" that are causing all the problems! The wastes are poisoning our joints and ligaments and that is what is messing us up!!

I do wonder if a powerful "Systemic Bactericide" would do anything to fight the bacterial "infection"?

I do know that I was given one for a really bad sinus infection that cleared it up as well as killed the little shit that made "skin blisters" on my fingers and my right foot's sole. Stuff left and never did come back and I had that shit for years and couldn't get rid of it! Cleared my dandruff up too as well as some skin lesions...

And reading about bacteria on the surface of the esophagus causing acid reflux and such crap makes me wonder about this even more!!

BUT I do figure that if something like this worked, PHARMA sure the f** wouldn't tell us about it!! They only make money offa keeping shit the way it is and NOT curing much of anything as I see it!! But what do I know??

pdq67
I think I found my "systemic bacteriacide".

Anybody ever use Bactrim? (SMX/TMP)...

Bactrim contains a combination of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim are are both antibiotics that treat different types of infection caused by bacteria.

pdq67

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by axegrinder » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:13 pm

pdq67 wrote:
pdq67 wrote:
RevTheory wrote:You may want to dig pretty deep into autoimmune disease as the underlying cause. I've been dealing with it for over a decade now and I've seen many times in my studies how RA is a symptom of it.

Something, food allergy, leaky gut, low-grade but long-winded viral, bacterial, fungal infection... something may have your immune system wigged out and it's turned on you. RA is when it's turned on your cartilage.

I hope it helps.
My "Wood-Hippie" Buddy, Doc tells me that it might be because of "wastes" created by bacteria living in your joints and ligaments "eating processes" that are causing all the problems! The wastes are poisoning our joints and ligaments and that is what is messing us up!!

I do wonder if a powerful "Systemic Bactericide" would do anything to fight the bacterial "infection"?

I do know that I was given one for a really bad sinus infection that cleared it up as well as killed the little shit that made "skin blisters" on my fingers and my right foot's sole. Stuff left and never did come back and I had that shit for years and couldn't get rid of it! Cleared my dandruff up too as well as some skin lesions...

And reading about bacteria on the surface of the esophagus causing acid reflux and such crap makes me wonder about this even more!!

BUT I do figure that if something like this worked, PHARMA sure the f** wouldn't tell us about it!! They only make money offa keeping shit the way it is and NOT curing much of anything as I see it!! But what do I know??

pdq67
I think I found my "systemic bacteriacide".

Anybody ever use Bactrim? (SMX/TMP)...

Bactrim contains a combination of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim are are both antibiotics that treat different types of infection caused by bacteria.

pdq67
I thought that name sounded familiar! A possible side effect of Bactrim is Steven Johnson Syndrome!
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6472
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

"Steven Johnson Syndrome!"

You talk about a "catch-all" syndrome!!!

Glad hardly anybody ever gets it because if this stuff could move like the, "Black Plague", we all would be in trouble..

Anyway, might try the SMX/TMZ I mentioned as well as Tetracycline and see what happens to your body's joints/muscles/ligaments pain signals??

Personally I would start off with a, "large", dosage and see what happens?? Take it for a while and monitor your body's reaction...

Oh, and btw, off topic, but I think you have to take so much aspirin to kill yourself that it is basically non-toxic up to that amount so see what I mean here?

Might tear your stomach lining up though?

pdq67

Post Reply