Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by pdq67 »

A shot of Jack along with some Coke and 1/2 a "T-4" will do you nicely..

pdq67
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

My nieces husband has it. It was really bad for him for a while, but now he gets some kind of treatment once a month. (maybe an IV) I'll find out what it is next time I see him. IME he's kinda young for arthritis...early 40s or so.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

I know it's not Humira that Dale's taking. I'll find out this weekend. My Mom took Humira for Crohn's. She died from hemophagocytosis, which I believe was caused, or aided by the Humira. Autoimmune illnesses can be devastating.
WRIGHTWAY

Post by WRIGHTWAY »

I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis when i was in kindergarten I'm 45 years old now. I rarely take anything for it but in the spring and fall i will take mobic to help with the changing season's that when it seems to bother me most. In hindsight becoming a carpenter that specializes in home exteriors was not the best idea. Best advice never stop moving.
Joe Wright
[img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/wrightwayconst/wrightway-2-1-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/wrightwayconst/S6300306-1.jpg
ijames
Expert
Expert

Post by ijames »

Ken0069 wrote:My GP Dr sent my blood test results to a Rheumatologist over in Lynchburg that I want to see but from what I hear, he's super busy. It's been a few weeks now and still no word on an appointment? :(
They are probably waiting for you to call to make an appointment. I've been referred to several doctors over the years by my gp and none of them called me to schedule an appointment, I always had to call them.
Carl Ijames, chemist not engine builder
carl ddott ijames aatt verizon ddott net
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

ijames wrote:They are probably waiting for you to call to make an appointment. I've been referred to several doctors over the years by my gp and none of them called me to schedule an appointment, I always had to call them.
Ken, if it is possible you should hand deliver the referral from your GP to the other doctor. Make a copy. Get the name of the person that you gave the referral to in the doctor's office.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
sc2dave
Expert
Expert
Location: Los Angeles, in The People's republic of Kalifornia

Post by sc2dave »

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

My nieces husband is being treated with Remicade. It's expensive, but they've got good insurance so I don't think they're part is much. He's like a new man. He's a plumber, and was missing a lot of work before starting Remicade. I don't know what the possible side effects are, but he's doing good so far. (Maybe 6 months or so)
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

You may want to dig pretty deep into autoimmune disease as the underlying cause. I've been dealing with it for over a decade now and I've seen many times in my studies how RA is a symptom of it.

Something, food allergy, leaky gut, low-grade but long-winded viral, bacterial, fungal infection... something may have your immune system wigged out and it's turned on you. RA is when it's turned on your cartilage.

I hope it helps.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

RA is a flat biatch! ive been thru a pile of different drugs, and the thing you should worry about is not what it costs, but what works because what works for one does not work for everyone. the faster you get it under control, the less damage it can do, and that is important. in my case , it went after my wrists, and has eaten 99.9% of the cartilidge, and let me tell you. you dont know how important your hands are until you cant do anything with them. pain 24hrs a day, loss of strength, loss of dexterity, etc. it aint no fun, do not F around with it, get it under control before it gets a chance to ruin your life. just about anything i do now, is like being hit in the wrist with a ball peen hammer. if you like pain, go ahead and ignore it, or go for the home remedy BS that may make it temporarily feel better but does nothing to slow it down. this schitt has ruined my life, if your smart you wont let it get away form you.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ken0069 wrote:
woody b wrote:My nieces husband is being treated with Remicade. It's expensive, but they've got good insurance so I don't think they're part is much. He's like a new man. He's a plumber, and was missing a lot of work before starting Remicade. I don't know what the possible side effects are, but he's doing good so far. (Maybe 6 months or so)
Thanks Woody. I looked it up and it's not pretty!! Here's a lINK to a list of the side effects.

Estimated cost is $1300 to $2500 per dose and it is covered by Medicare. Not sure what my cost of that would be though because the Part D plan I have doesn't cover much. I'm suppose to be able to upgrade to a better plan if needed but they cost much more per month.

The apple cider vinegar one is looking good about now. :wink: Hey, wonder if just plain old hard apple cider would work? :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info guys. By the time I get to see a Dr on this, I may have a fair amount of knowledge about this stuff and will be able to make a more informed decision on my treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar that still has the "wort?/must?/mother?" in it if not mistaken. The crud that settles out like in a bottle of Home Brew that they haven't filtered out.

I think it is Braggs Vinegar if not mistaken?

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

RevTheory wrote:You may want to dig pretty deep into autoimmune disease as the underlying cause. I've been dealing with it for over a decade now and I've seen many times in my studies how RA is a symptom of it.

Something, food allergy, leaky gut, low-grade but long-winded viral, bacterial, fungal infection... something may have your immune system wigged out and it's turned on you. RA is when it's turned on your cartilage.

I hope it helps.
My "Wood-Hippie" Buddy, Doc tells me that it might be because of "wastes" created by bacteria living in your joints and ligaments "eating processes" that are causing all the problems! The wastes are poisoning our joints and ligaments and that is what is messing us up!!

I do wonder if a powerful "Systemic Bactericide" would do anything to fight the bacterial "infection"?

I do know that I was given one for a really bad sinus infection that cleared it up as well as killed the little shit that made "skin blisters" on my fingers and my right foot's sole. Stuff left and never did come back and I had that shit for years and couldn't get rid of it! Cleared my dandruff up too as well as some skin lesions...

And reading about bacteria on the surface of the esophagus causing acid reflux and such crap makes me wonder about this even more!!

BUT I do figure that if something like this worked, PHARMA sure the f** wouldn't tell us about it!! They only make money offa keeping shit the way it is and NOT curing much of anything as I see it!! But what do I know??

pdq67
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Sure is possible!

I know if you've got a long-term bacterial, viral, fungal infection that your immune system hasn't been able to kill, it's almost like it goes AWOL and just starts attacking all kinds of stuff. Roving skin issues are a big indicator and one of my issues.

R/A could be the location of the hiding infection and the battleground (?)

It's a real pain in the ass to put up with that stuff for years on end without knowing the root of the problem. All docs want to do is give you a topical ointment or, much worse, an immunosuppressant. "Yeah great, my skin's clearing up but I'm in the hospital for a common cold", lol. No thanks!
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

Interesting. My Mom developed Crohns after having shingles.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Crohns ain't funny!

pdq67