Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Open

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Postby Ken0069 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:01 am

UPDATE: It's been a while since I did an update on my condition/s so here goes.

Off the methotrexate since November 4, 2016 and had a Dr appointment in mid November and he wasn't happy when I told him I wasn't going to take that stuff anymore. He said that it would take 2 to 3 months for the stuff to exit my system and he was wrong as my hair didn't stop falling out until some time in late March or early April of this year. The swelling in joints in my hands is back, BUT, it's not as bad as before and at this point I can manage that with the occasional NSAID.

In December I started having some serious problems with my lower back. Went to the Dr and got Xrays that I posted earlier this year and it wasn't pretty. Dr scheduled me for 5 weeks of Physical Therapy which I will finally finish today.

Meanwhile, in January I found out that I have a bacterial infection and went through 5 weeks of high power antibiotics to clear that up. Still have some lingering symptoms from that but after seeing a Urologist about it and getting the "OK", nothing wrong from him I guess I'll just have to live with it.

So now I've got to make another appointment with the back Dr to see where we go from here. Not sure what if anything can be done with it but hopefully I'll know something on that within the next month or so.

And on another note, the Medicare part B supplement insurance my Wife and I had got canceled and I've had to shop for another one. Turns out that insurance companies don't like the fact that I have Lupus so they are going to soak it to me and now my insurance will be going up almost $450 more per year??? That and Humana forked me on my Part D drug insurance when they lowered the premium $2 a month and then increased the deductible $50?? WTF?? All while I got a .3% increase in my Social Security check?

Ennywho, the good news is I feel pretty good most days and I'm still able to do for myself and that means a lot.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Postby pdq67 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Ken,

I am holding in my hand the drug, "Cefuroxime".

Wiki it up..

Seems that it works on, "Lymes Disease", so go figure..

Might be worth looking into??

My be-loved, "wood-hippie", buddy Doc keeps hammering into me that a bunch of shit that is actually killing us is no more than bacterial waste infections that go untreated. Dose yourself with massive amounts of say Tetracycline for starters to see if it helps?

pdq67

Return to “General Discussion”