not enough medical insurance

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Vendor

not enough medical insurance

Post by Dave Koehler »

I hope I am not stepping out of bounds with this.
My nephew worked his way up to Chef status the hard way, by himself on his own dime. He could have stayed working for the highly successful family construction co (not mine) and been set for life but followed his dream. For that I am proud of him.

Between the Obamacare deductible and having to miss work he wiped out what money he had and needs some help.

His GoFundMe account.
https://www.gofundme.com/qjkujprw

Again, if this is an incorrect thing to ask here please remove.
I understand he had to have his arm twisted to do this. Asking for help is not an easy thing for him or many of us here.
I guarantee it will go to the right place. He is likely going to need more than he is asking for.
PS: Now I understand the beard which I thought was out of character.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: not enough medical insurance

Post by pdq67 »

He is not supposed to pay his bills!

The agenda is for him to go broke! Then the Gov. will take care of him because then he will truly be POOR!!

Like the 47 percent are..

Right..

And please tell me how wrong I am here... If I am?

pdq67
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

I think you lost your way. Pedal your agenda elsewhere.
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

Dave,I thnk if your not on the subsidies it difficult.My wife is a little over a year from Medicare.I bought the platinum plan for her for almost $1000 a month.She was just prescribed therapy for her back.The place where she wanted to go wont take her Blue shield under the ACA, BUT if she was on a Blue Shield group plan or a medicare plan F they would take it.It is so hard to navigate the medical insurance deal in this world we live in.I feel for him.Tom
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

tjs44 wrote:Dave,I thnk if your not on the subsidies it difficult.My wife is a little over a year from Medicare.I bought the platinum plan for her for almost $1000 a month.She was just prescribed therapy for her back.The place where she wanted to go wont take her Blue shield under the ACA, BUT if she was on a Blue Shield group plan or a medicare plan F they would take it.It is so hard to navigate the medical insurance deal in this world we live in.I feel for him.Tom
Yup, been through the wringer with my wife. Similar deal. Work injury puts her full time at home. Took forever to get the disability approved and she has a while to go before medicare kicks in. Insurance helps but sure costs a lot.

The nephew is just trying to keep from going down the rabbit hole while he goes through recovery. As stated his insurance won't go far enough and his work has no paid sick leave so no income to keep the home fires burning after a while.

Never got involved with the gofundme deal before. I will be interested to see how much he receives versus what was paid. Anyone know?