Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

EMC idea

Post by prairiehotrodder »

I'm just an enthusiast, not a participant but i have an idea of what i would enjoy seeing. Stock shortblock shootout. Don't know how to do it or make the rules but stock shortblocks (block, crank, rods, pistons, rings). I've always had fun and good results sticking a cam, heads and speed parts into a stock half wore out short block. Works awesome to run 11's with a 454 chevy or 460 ford. Would be great entertainment. I think lots of guys would like to see it and it might help the average dude see that it doesn't have to be a cubic DOLLARS hobby.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: EMC idea

Post by Walter R. Malik »

prairiehotrodder wrote:I'm just an enthusiast, not a participant but i have an idea of what i would enjoy seeing. Stock shortblock shootout. Don't know how to do it or make the rules but stock shortblocks (block, crank, rods, pistons, rings). I've always had fun and good results sticking a cam, heads and speed parts into a stock half wore out short block. Works awesome to run 11's with a 454 chevy or 460 ford. Would be great entertainment. I think lots of guys would like to see it and it might help the average dude see that it doesn't have to be a cubic DOLLARS hobby.
Brian
They kinda tried that last year with identical stock, (but new), LS short blocks.

Needing to assemble the rest "on site" by rule was the biggest downfall, I think.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.