Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Anon Speed Talker donates $1K to Jacque Vizard memorial

Post by David Vizard »

I have no idea which would be the best section of Speed Talk to post this under because it is so out of the ordinary. I am posting it here because the person/s concerned are most likely to read this section so here goes.

Christmas is about charity and it can, as I was to find out just this past Christmas, come in many forms. Just before Christmas a close friend of mine delivered a small package he had received from an anonymous source that wanted to stay anonymous. The note with the package asked for the package to be forwarded on to me which it duly was. Right on top of the package contents was a lengthy letter explaining the reason for sending the package in the first place. The package contents were ten crisp $100 bills! Needless to say I was somewhat surprised but all made more sense after I read the letter.
As many folk out there know I have rebuilt one of the project engines that my late daughter Jacque and I worked on as a material generator for my current book on SB Fords. This 302 short block was built primarily to test cylinder heads. Rather than take up a lot of space here you can read all the background and tech details of this engine on Terry Walters web site at:- http://www.twperformanceparts.com/index ... ct_id=5538
below is a shot of the engine.

The idea was that the sale of this engine would help finance the building of a memorial on the spot where she passed (estimated cost - some $20,000).
The letter in the package explained how the $1000 was to be applied. The donor had noticed that, at $6850, the engine had not sold in spite of the fact that the parts bill for the engine exceeded the sale price. This $1000 donation was to be applied to the cost of the engine thus reducing it from $6850 to $5850. For the story behind this engine build check the website above.

David vizard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Re: Anon Speed Talker donates $1K to Jacque Vizard memorial

Post by David Vizard »

Forgot to say but this engine has yet to be dyno tested. thought we would leave that until a buyer is in sight.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Sorry for the loss. Always painfull to see the loss of a beautiful young lady.
Joe Facciano
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

A wonderful, unique and fitting tribute to a lovely young woman's too-short life!
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

A wonderful tribute to a very talented and creative young woman who's time with us was way to short.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Is this the same engine you and Jacque were testing at Doug Herberts? I remember talking to him about some parts for one of my projects a while back and your name came up in the conversation and he told me you and her were dyno testing a SBF there.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

GARY C wrote:Is this the same engine you and Jacque were testing at Doug Herberts? I remember talking to him about some parts for one of my projects a while back and your name came up in the conversation and he told me you and her were dyno testing a SBF there.
No. This was the previous iteration of that build that went on to test heads at, I think , Prestige Motor sports in concord NC. The one you are talking about was a 100% Jacque built deal using parts in the shop that had seen brief dyno time only so were still virtually new. As it happens this 'Race' motor was more street then race. It used a 280 hyd roller Comp Cam (to my spec) had a 10.5/1 CR was tested with a Performer Air Gap and a Victor Jnr. the heads were a set of ported Darts that had already been build ready for use. DSS pistons stock crank, can't remember what rods but most likely DSS rods. A QFT street vac-sec 750 carb and a street distributor with vac advance. That, motor only, made 447 hp on Doug Herbert's dyno. Jacque elected to give this combo a minimal N2O shot and that resulted in 525 hp. Not bad for a 16 year old girl!

Shirley Muldowny was at the shop just at the time Jacque was finishing up and she was impressed as hell.

Guys I still need to sell this motor as I need it to develop Jacques memorial site. The heavy rains we have just had caused the plot to get flooded washing away almost all the flowers that had been put there over the Christmas holidays. It looks like my first move is to get some contractors in to lay in some big drainage pipes in the region of 2 foot diameter. Don't know what it will cost but I know it won't be cheap.

Even if you are not looking for a bargin deal on a 302 performance motor maybe you know someone who might want this so please spread the word.

Thank you all for you interest.
David Vizard
63qcar

Post by 63qcar »

David ... so sorry for your loss .

As a suggestion ,you might try posting over on the Club Cobra site for additional exposure .
falcongeorge
Expert
Expert

Post by falcongeorge »

I am so sorry to hear about your daughters passing, You don't know me from adam, but I just wanted to say something. My sincere condolences.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

if anyone else wishes to make a donation to Jacque's memorial they can PM me for the address.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
sc2dave
Expert
Expert
Location: Los Angeles, in The People's republic of Kalifornia

Post by sc2dave »

So how did she pass away?
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

sc2dave wrote:So how did she pass away?
We all "Will" die!, does it matter how?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!