Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Skill, Luck or A Fixed Race again??

Post by GARY C »

I don't think you could fix a race, but if you structured the rules very tightly you could easily favor one over another, maybe why the Lowe's sponsored car has won the Lowe's sponsored race at Lowe's motor speed way more than you would expect. It seems that after Brian took over there were a lot of sponsored cars winning their sponsors race in all three series. I quit watching it about 5 years ago.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

"A little bird told me" that if "they" wanted a certain team to win "they'd" tell that team what area of the car "they" wouldn't be checking at that race.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

It's been going on as long as NASCAR, and of course, it was a total coincidence that Richard Petty, who hadn't been competitive for five years, just happened to win his 200th at Daytona on July 4th, 1984 when President Reagan was there.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

It's all about the show...remember :D
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

If you were a foreign car maker and you paid 55 million dollars to Nascar to be able to run with the big three and you hadn't won a championship in all these years wouldn't you be pissed off. That being said Kyle Busch is the best driver out there IMO.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

In EVERY cup race you can count on there being a yellow flag within the last 10 or 15 laps for debris on the race track, (if there is not a realistic yellow flag), just to bunch all the cars at the end.

I believe THAT is contrived most of the time...
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

stealth wrote:It's all about the show...remember :D
No different from cricket?
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

I'd have to agree with Gary. How can you fix a race without everyone knowing about it? I'd think everybody would be talking about it. How can you keep that a secret??? I think people are just looking for easy excuses to why a given person won a race.

I think modern racing has turned more into a random process since all the cars and drivers are about the same.
Joe Facciano
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

"That being said Kyle Busch is the best driver out there IMO."

How is Carl Edwards doing?

I know he is older and now married with a couple of kids.. Unless his life has recently changed and both Son and my S-I-L haven't told me about it. (They both know Carl personally).

I figure he might be driving a little more, "wanna go home", at the end of the race is all. And I have nothing at all against that!

pdq67
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

You can be sure that other than NASCAR tech, the 40+ other teams are looking for cheaters too.
So much to do, so little time...
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

Guys,if NASCAR was going to fix a championship dont you think JR would have won one by now!Tom
John Wallace
Guru
Guru

Post by John Wallace »

Or Danica?

:shock:
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

Ken0069 wrote:
John Wallace wrote:Or Danica?

:shock:
Don't get me started on that one! I've kept a running thread on MSV for the past 2 years on that no driving .........! She's a good example of NASCAR "fixing" the rules for certain drivers though as her first year in "Cup" she won the poll at Daytona then proceeded to finish out the next 3 years in the mid 20 something positions in points?? IMHO if she didn't have tits, she wouldn't have a ride! :shock:
Maybe if they were bigger she would finish higher. I'm quite certain she does a better job than I would, or anyone else on this forum for that matter. How many other big name drivers have tried their hand and disappeared after a few seasons of failure?
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

I don't believe she is being treated special. There were several top name drivers in top teams this year that hardly did better. One might make a case for Kyle being treated special, and the penalty against Matt for his blatant behavior might be called special. No matter how you slice it, a NASCAR race is a crap shoot from the beginning to the end, and fixing a race would have to be too obvious to stand up to public scrutiny.