Post by lada ok »

ANY GROWERS HERE :?:
I grow my own, mostly cigar.. I'd like to converse with like minded people :D
Notchback
Pro
Pro
Re: Tobacco

Post by Notchback »

Been a cigar smoker for many years. Never grown the stuff though. What is involved in the process? I see that you are in New Zealand, how is the climate/soil there? What are your costs per cigar or box once all the factors are taken into consideration? Is it more a labor of love or do you find that you save money?

I was a member of Club Humidor here in San Antonio for quite a while, good discounts, neat cigar parties with new product intros. Started hanging around Fincks, another local company, they have a lot of house brands. I fell in love with a Carlos Torano cigar a while back that was aged in Napa Valley in Port wine barrels. Holy Hell that was a fantastic smoke, maybe not the ideal smoke for a purist, technically an acid cigar I suppose, but I didn't care. It took two passions of mine...cigars and wine and combined them, Loved it!

Hoping we get to smoke some legal Cubans sometime in the near future, in the U.S. that is.
lada ok
Guru
Guru

Re: Tobacco

Post by lada ok »

I got my seed from Sth Africa, From a fella that is right into smoking /growing
Cost ... probably a couple of cents / cigar ..
Fun ...lot's
Time ... bugger all

Get onto google ... look up and join Fair trade tobacco i'm in there somewhere :) ... this site takes you from beginning to end, and I bet there is someone close to you that will help get you going :-D

I have 24 different varieties ... I need some new ones :!: