Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Hi there!

Post by GARY C »

Kevin Johnson wrote:So far, stopping the one (of two) high blood pressure meds appears to have halted the leg cramps.

I think I might have mentioned before that Samantha had a reaction to the pneumonia vaccine shot about 18 years back. She started to perceive almost all foods as being rancid and she threw away a lot of what must have been perfectly good food. This progressed to most other smells being that of grey flannel cologne. Her doctor was concerned that she might have a brain tumor but an MRI came up clean. Then he said that this sort of reaction was a rare possible side effect of the vaccine. It went away after a hellish year, thank goodness, but it left her hypersensitive to smells, many of which actually work to make her angry. Nice.

She was one of the first people to report the muscle wasting from statins (before it was publicized and her doctor didn't believe her at the time). There appears to be a genetic component as her father received statins at the VA hospital and wasted away so much that he was on the verge of death. She told him about her reaction and he had to fight the doctors to take him off them. They relented and he recovered. Scary. You have to keep in mind that some doctors don't believe what you are telling them.
Sometimes the DR doesn't trust their patient (or the DR could be...fill in blank), I know of three people that have gotten off of most are all of their meds by a change of life style, diet and moderate exercise (very moderate) , in one case (diabetic) the DR told my cousin that he has not had a patient that would do what was necessary and is why he kept trying to push the meds until the test showed conclusive.

Keep in mind that in my cousins case he was at least able to regain enough site to be able to function some what, I know of another that addressed his issue quickly and kept 95% of his site and health, My point is, is that food diet and exercise with moderate pleasure intake will cure most of what we suffer from.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

Kevin Johnson wrote:Samantha and I were sitting eating dinner out and she was mentioning getting charlie horses (muscle cramps in the legs) at night. We had previously tied this to potassium deficiencies.

So -- TO THE CLOUD !

She spoke into her phone and it generated a list of 13 potassium rich foods. We discussed them back and forth and she said that she liked soy beans (edamame).

Wait for it...

She went to close the results and immediately a screen display for soy beans popped up.

Cue theme music from X-Files. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

:lol:

I tease her to remember that her phone is always listening. :wink: But I am quite serious.

Cramps are annoying and so are nosy cellphpnes.
What kind of phone?
The Nazis didn't lose WWII,they just changed uniforms.Now they run the place.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Samsung Galaxy Note II. She was upset that version 3 came out just two weeks later. :lol:
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

Kevin Johnson wrote:Samsung Galaxy Note II. She was upset that version 3 came out just two weeks later. :lol:
Android.
More crap is loaded into the operating system on those things than I'd care to mention in one sentence.
Fortunately it CAN be shut off.
Nick Campagna
Pro
Pro

Post by Nick Campagna »

Interesting occurrence at the Social Security office. I went down last week to sign up, I just turned 66, and as I am filling out the form electronically on their computer, I went back to the top of the page I was on and changed an entry. When I got to the end, a few pages later, it rejected the form and I needed a supervisor. She explained that it was because I changed an entry, so she did some magic in the back room so it would be accepted. My question:
What kind of programmer monitors keystrokes while you are filling out a form ??? Also, since I signed up, the burn e-mail I used, without any personal identifiers, has been spammed by companies wishing to help me get disability payments. I am not disabled.
Is this what my government has come to ????
Is the defect in what I see, or what I'm seeing with ?
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

Nick Campagna wrote:Interesting occurrence at the Social Security office. I went down last week to sign up, I just turned 66, and as I am filling out the form electronically on their computer, I went back to the top of the page I was on and changed an entry. When I got to the end, a few pages later, it rejected the form and I needed a supervisor. She explained that it was because I changed an entry, so she did some magic in the back room so it would be accepted. My question:
What kind of programmer monitors keystrokes while you are filling out a form ??? Also, since I signed up, the burn e-mail I used, without any personal identifiers, has been spammed by companies wishing to help me get disability payments. I am not disabled.
Is this what my government has come to ????
Eeyup.
Gotta' watch out for fraud you know.
4banger
Pro
Pro

Post by 4banger »

Kevin the cure for cramps is salt. When we sweat we lose a lot of salt as I'm sure you know sweat is salty. When I have cramps I put a pinch of salt on my tongue and drink a little water to swish it around abit then swallow. In less than a minute no more cramps. you can try Gatorade too as it is nothing but salt sugar water and flavorings but it may take longer.
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken...
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

So, a few minutes ago I was talking to Samantha and she had Farmville 2 running on her computer (one that can use voice and facial recognition to log on). She mentioned to me that she needed some water and at that moment a treasure chest icon popped up on the screen that held ten containers of water.

:-k

:lol:
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

He, He!!
Don't know how to use a cellphone??
Hate phones!

I can't hear on them. And when I get calls, (the few I get), somebody is calling to try to sell me something, OR get me to do something for them, OR it's bad news!!

Don't need that stuff.
pdq67