Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Ford Sales Surge, GM/Chrysler Don't

Post by 1989TransAm »

Looks like people are voting with their wallets against government take overs. Here is the link if you want to vote.

http://www.cardealerreviews.org/?p=118880

...and the link to the story.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100105/B ... Dec.-sales
DCK
Expert
Expert

Re: Ford Sales Surge, GM/Chrysler Don't

Post by DCK »

1989TransAm wrote:Looks like people are voting with their wallets against government take overs. Here is the link if you want to vote.

http://www.cardealerreviews.org/?p=118880

...and the link to the story.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100105/B ... Dec.-sales
I'm not a huge modular fan but (want a new performance driver) but I've felt their quality has been a lot better, it seems, the past few years. That and....they didn't need a bailout and I respect responsible business. A new Camaro or Pontiac G8 GT is tempting though. I own a Dodge truck and with Dodges history of expensive parts and the fact their cars now are heavy pigs...I'll pass.
Pugdog1
Post by Pugdog1 »

I will NEVER purchase GM or Chrysler vehicles.
"[Economic] success doesn't depend on natural resources and location as much as on the degree of stupidity of the policies and institutions of the country"
-Mancur Olson
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

Quick question, how many us citizens does GM, Mopar and Ford employ compared to the import car guys? Anybody looked at the %breakdown for each car sold in the US? Pretty sure there are more imports built here than domestics...
Daryl

Revolutionary Performance and Machine
Engguy
Guru
Guru
Post by Engguy »

GM goofed up when they coated all their pickup trucks from the 70's through the 80's with rust. ie biodegradeable vehicles.
And then when they got rid of the best looking cars on the road, Camero's and Trans am , Firebirds. And they stopped the metro, and cavalier's their best selling car. Pretty stupid. And then offered some of the uglyest trucks and cars ever.
WDCreech

Post by WDCreech »

Engguy wrote:GM goofed up when they coated all their pickup trucks from the 70's through the 80's with rust. ie biodegradeable vehicles.
And then when they got rid of the best looking cars on the road, Camero's and Trans am , Firebirds. And they stopped the metro, and cavalier's their best selling car. Pretty stupid. And then offered some of the uglyest trucks and cars ever.
No! GM first F-ed up when they started switching to a "corprate" engine. I personally know old die hard Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac loyalists (like myself) that refused to buy GM after they could only get thier brand with a chevy engine. Now, the chevy is a good engine, but everyone has thier own preference, and that is what started the downhill slide for the, once, greatest automobile manufacturer on this earth.

Bill

1964 tube chassis GTO, 2750#, 606 cu. in. Indian Adventures tall deck w/Super Chiefs
best 1/4 et. so far; 8.2550 @ 164.17 all motor
Lem Evans
Expert
Expert

Post by Lem Evans »

revolutionary wrote:Quick question, how many us citizens does GM, Mopar and Ford employ compared to the import car guys? Anybody looked at the %breakdown for each car sold in the US? Pretty sure there are more imports built here than domestics...
No ......60% of Toyotas are imported.
B F Evans Ford Race Parts
270-278-2376