Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

marcusaurailius

upgrade

Post by marcusaurailius »

Hi Don, couple of things,

1, a section dealing soley with , different decades of cars

2, Photo,s are a good idea, but should go thru some thing like Photo Bucket / Piccassa, ect, to save on band width

3, a section with which people can put up their dyno charts, so all can see differnt results / mods have done. [ planet MX have this ]

Marcus
One does not have to know how a thing works, to know that its not working right !!!

http://s545.photobucket.com/albums/hh369/marcusaurailius/
69-CHVL
Pro
Pro

Post by 69-CHVL »

As mentioned, better search functions needed. I also like how on some sites, you can put the cursor over the topic, and even w/o clicking on it, a little dialog box opens up briefly displaying the first several lines of the post itself. I love that :)
VINCE 69 CHEVELLE
502 EFI/6SPD/3.90
k-star
Guru
Guru

site

Post by k-star »

1. would be the picture deal.

2. And just as important to me, A section just for the businesses, where the general public can't access. It would be nice to net work with other builders and discuss subjects with out your customers being able to see what your talking about.

Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
AdioSS

Re: site

Post by AdioSS »

k-star wrote:1. would be the picture deal.

2. And just as important to me, A section just for the businesses, where the general public can't access. It would be nice to net work with other builders and discuss subjects with out your customers being able to see what your talking about.

Keith
Isn't the "Industry" forum just that?

Lots of good suggestions posted.
Cheston Phillips
96 Impala SS
05 Silverado
tb_3456

Post by tb_3456 »

I'm on a dial up connection and pre-load pages, problem is after page 3 of a long topic the pages only show 1 at a time. I can't request page 5 until page 4 is loaded. (1,2,3,4...12,13,14) I would much prefer 1...2,3,4,5,6...14

Better yet just show them all :)

Tom
k-star
Guru
Guru

Post by k-star »

AdioSS wrote:

Keith
Isn't the "Industry" forum just that?

Lots of good suggestions posted.
Yea but anybody can log on and see the post, you don't need to own a shop to read/post there.

Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

k-star wrote:Yea but anybody can log on and see the post, you don't need to own a shop to read/post there.

Keith
You have to get approval before you can access it. And yes all I have seen own and operate a business in this section.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
k-star
Guru
Guru

site

Post by k-star »

I have a customer that tells me he can access the section and read all that is there.
jakesporting1

Post by jakesporting1 »

af2 wrote:
k-star wrote:Yea but anybody can log on and see the post, you don't need to own a shop to read/post there.

Keith
You have to get approval before you can access it. And yes all I have seen own and operate a business in this section.
The only thing is you have to be registered and logged in to view just like the advanced engine section .

I also would like the preview of a post and the site hosting pictures would be nice .

Jake
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

k-star wrote:I have a customer that tells me he can access the section and read all that is there.
Good call.
Posting must be different and need approval.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Engguy
Guru
Guru
Post by Engguy »

First since this is the only website I use that will not allow you edit without waiting a predetermined amount of time, I see no reason for that to happen.

The picture posting thing would be a huge improvement. And why I've tried to see old photos that have disapeared. Its funny the website software about 8 years ago used to allow pictures to be on the various websites I frequented. What happened?

A little thingy at the top where it says profile logout and all that, to click on to go to threads you have contributed to or started would be very nice. Other sites have that feature.
agawam

Post by agawam »

while I am a gearhead, I don't do much racing, I am into ratrods streetrods, street machines,they don't have to be the fastest but rather to run as good as possible, not just the engine but good all around performance, into retrofitting and swaps, I'd like to see a colum for street guys and I like the picture idea , I've posted a few times but mostly read and learn, I am old school and new tech is good to know, I am also into older street bikes, 85 down,when acceleration fever strikes I get on my kawi H1 500 two stroke, my car...54 buick ratrod
old man old school hotrodder
needforspeed66gt
Guru
Guru

Post by needforspeed66gt »

Engguy wrote:First since this is the only website I use that will not allow you edit without waiting a predetermined amount of time, I see no reason for that to happen.
Yeah - that having to wait 60 seconds kills me when I spot a typo or double word like the the, and can't fix it immediately.

A subject that comes up often enough to warrant it's own section would be equipment reviews, machining procedures, help with, etc...somewhere to talk directly about machining operations and the equipment and tooling we use to get the job done so it doesn't get mixed up with the general engine tech information.

A classifieds section would be nice, but I wouldn't want to see it turn into a marketplace - in other words right now it's pretty informal on the site as to how people conduct business, if someone post's up that they need some engine work it's generally referred to whomever specializes in that type of work or is local to the OP. I don't want to see this site turn into a general car forum where there are "Sponsors" who are afforded the right to hawk their goods and who get preferential treatment. That always leads to a conflict of interest and introduces a lot of bias in the information handed out on the site if people have a monetary interest in what they are doing here...just IMHO
Nate @steeldustmachine
Engine Machinist
crazyman
Expert
Expert

Post by crazyman »

A suggestions forum, and a bragging forum.

X2 on pics, and the hover over thread icon.
fastvette
Expert
Expert

Post by fastvette »

Keith
I like what Keith says here.

Randy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIITBanJDs
http://www.harshmanauto.com