whats not so good about land&sea dyno's?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

whats not so good about land&sea dyno's?

Post by gmrocket »

i've read on here a few times that they're not so great..why? i need specifics
fastvette
Expert
Expert

Post by fastvette »

I want to know to.

I have one and think it works just fine.

Randy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIITBanJDs
http://www.harshmanauto.com
roger
Post by roger »

Land and Sea is a good Dyno they are very reasonably priced, for the lower models 800hp range i believe is 10-12k depending on what accerories or upgrades you get

There is an 800hp stuska dyno a buddy of mine has for sale, all there but dissasembled for $3500 its an older model but was working.
rmcomprandy

Post by rmcomprandy »

The MECHANICAL portion of the dyno is good; the SOFTWARE and DATA AQUISION part was not so good.

EDIT: I'm glad they must have improved their software; their original offering was very primitive and wouldn't even do averages.
Last edited by rmcomprandy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

I just built a new dyno using L&Sea software and DAQ. system. At first the 1200 page manual and software was very intimidating. After I spent some time learning it I feel like it is one of the best moves I've ever made. I was looking for a system that I could integrate a number of different sensors and controls. Each time I use it I'm impressed with what it's capable of. If you are looking for a real simple system that needs almost no training then you will probably be turned off by the complexity of the system. But If you plan on adding on other sensors and inputs then after you take the time to learn the software I think you will be very pleased. I have so far just scratched the surface of what it can do. The auto load control is easy to set up so you can simulate different runs. You can set up a break in run for however long you want to run the engine or simulate a road course or a short track race or any other type of run that you can think of. You could even set it up so you can fire your engine up and make pulls from a remote location. I have to admit that it would scare the crape out of me to be at home and fire an engine up on the dyno at the shop and make a few pulls using a PDA but if I ever wanted to, I could. I still haven't found the chapter in the manual that shows how to get the darn thing to put the engine on the dyno. :roll: All of the channels can be reconfigured any way you need to. I'm still planing different things to add on. I recently added a AEM UEGO O2 sensor and in just a few minutes had it recording the numbers. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if I want to grow then it will be easy to add on.
Down load a copy of their software and the manual and check it out.
Here is a picture of what we built. It's not compleatly finished in this picture but then I don't think It ever will be.