Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Frankshaft
Guru
Guru
Re: NO! China made Seat and guide knockoff

Post by Frankshaft »

Shortcut wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 3:12 am anybody using one the chinese valve seat guide machines???? - especially the Serdi knock-off - whats it work like - comment plz - thats about the max I can afford - theres also a copy of the Vgs20 going for $6600 - but??hmmmmm - anybody got one - whats it work like?
See above. Forgot to quote the post
3rdcoastpowersports
Re:

Post by 3rdcoastpowersports »

machine shop tom wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:41 pm
proengines wrote:A little off topic but has anyone ever seen an IDL CNC seat/guide machine?

I've seen the IDL's that look like a retarded drill press but never a cnc one. There are some advertised for sale at a machinery dealer here, I'm just interested to know what they are like?

Cheers,
Greg
Didn't IDL go out of business before the CNC thing got legs?

tom
Exact feedback we were looking for (or at least I was looking for). Thank you greatly for your feedback. Saved me $3k on a flight to china.
Moral of the story: save your money and buy a Newan epoc.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

The Micron In website
https://micronin.com/#
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
Racing68
Pro
Pro

Post by Racing68 »

Did anyone check out the one from Argentina at the PRI show. Kras Exacta DD. I didn't have time the one day and forgot to look at it before i left the second day.

http://norumequipment.com/wp-content/up ... sories.pdf
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Keith Morganstein wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm The Micron In website
Those are pretty sweet right? The 6ga looks to be eerily similar to a rottler sg8 before they went all digital.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Racing68 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 pm Did anyone check out the one from Argentina at the PRI show. Kras Exacta DD. I didn't have time the one day and forgot to look at it before i left the second day.

That's the equipment rep I am referring to above. He is a good guy, just a typical salesman. Whatever he is selling at the time, is the best. I can't tell you anything about that machine. See Keiths link above. That is a nice machine. If it works as good as it looks to. I know Dick was selling those for awhile, but they were slow to get apparently, and he didn't make as much on them.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Frankshaft wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 am
Keith Morganstein wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm The Micron In website
Those are pretty sweet right? The 6ga looks to be eerily similar to a rottler sg8 before they went all digital.
If you look at the photos of their engine machining shop, one of the the machines looks to be a Rottler SG8
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Frankshaft wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 am
Racing68 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 pm Did anyone check out the one from Argentina at the PRI show. Kras Exacta DD. I didn't have time the one day and forgot to look at it before i left the second day.

That's the equipment rep I am referring to above. He is a good guy, just a typical salesman. Whatever he is selling at the time, is the best. I can't tell you anything about that machine. See Keiths link above. That is a nice machine. If it works as good as it looks to. I know Dick was selling those for awhile, but they were slow to get apparently, and he didn't make as much on them.
I have no first hand experience, but there has been a lot of complaints about the rep in the linked page.
Racing68
Pro
Pro

Post by Racing68 »

Joe Baker was the one that sent me info on that Argentina machine, the link i posted was one i found online. The thing that scares me on these types of machines is how do you order parts or need tech help and don't speak their language.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

No, not Joe Baker.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Keith Morganstein wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm
Frankshaft wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 am

I have no first hand experience, but there has been a lot of complaints about the rep in the linked page.
I could see that. He is a very persistent salesman. He is a nice guy, but, that side of him definitely comes out. Like I said, he POUNDED on me to buy one of those machines I ironically made him aware of. The finance guy too, if I met him in person, he might just end up with a swollen lip and a bloody nose, lets just say that. I heard that whole Phoenix deal he was involved with, was headed by Marvin Wood, that could be why the complaints, and also why he doesn't sell any of it anymore.
Bossman

Post by Bossman »

sIMPLE FIX BUY ROTTLER MACHINES
3rdcoastpowersports

Post by 3rdcoastpowersports »

Bossman wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 am sIMPLE FIX BUY ROTTLER MACHINES
Why would u buy a new rottler over a new Serdi? Not an argumentitive question but an actual question. I have only used a Rottler a few years back at pri. What would u say are the advantages of a rottler vsg vs a serdi?
Shortcut

Post by Shortcut »

damn its been a long time...eventually after searching and searching I bought a used Rottler SG8 from a deceased estate locally in South Africa (and then ordered my extra tooling direct from "Merica" and bypassed the local agents (their markup is way too much)- - very accurate machine but admittedly I need to get more comfortable with it to speed up the work