Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Tunes

Post by Fahlin Racing »

Since I forgot the old tunes thread is gone, I guess I will start another because I came across a song yesterday. I was at the store looking at cds and Megadeth's newly released album has a song titled 1,320' and it starts out with a dragster racing and fades into the actual song.

Just thought I would let the other metal heads know about it! 8)

That makes me think, did we try and make a list of all the songs involving cars last time???
Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Post by Fahlin Racing »

I know a couple of you guys have made guitars yourself, anyone in the process of making another right now? pictures would be kool!

Who has the biggest collection here any ways??
Jim "Iron Giant" Fahlin ~ A high performance car is like a guitar, you have to tune it to achieve your best operation and pull ahead of the competition.

Gas & Diesel motorsports
Procision-Auto
Guru
Guru

Post by Procision-Auto »

Tunes with/about cars? Let's see:

Kickstart My Heart
Radar Love
Blondes in Black Cars (< :lol: 80's hair rock, "Autograph")

I don't make guitars, but my band mate sure does. He also makes violins
and stuff. If there's something you want to know specifically, send me a
message and I'll relay the info.

:twisted: :twisted: If anyone wants to "ego-off" other musical items system I'm game! :twisted: :twisted:
Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Post by Fahlin Racing »

Alright I can only think of these at the moment.

Black Sunshine
One piece at a time
Pickup man
Chrome
Convoy
Eastbound and down
Lowrider
Jim "Iron Giant" Fahlin ~ A high performance car is like a guitar, you have to tune it to achieve your best operation and pull ahead of the competition.

Gas & Diesel motorsports
DCK
Expert
Expert

Post by DCK »

Fahlin Racing wrote:Alright I can only think of these at the moment.

Black Sunshine
One piece at a time
Pickup man
Chrome
Convoy
Eastbound and down
Lowrider
x2 "Black Sunshine" White Zombie, which I always liked better!Brings back memories.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Good pictures to go with the song. The pictures bring back memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFV4aJdvEgM
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Post by Fahlin Racing »

Another one that popped in my head just now is Hot Rod Lincoln.

Gas & Diesel motorsports
Sirshredalot

Post by Sirshredalot »

Ive got 10 guitars, 2 cabinets, 3 amp heads, and 2 combo amps, as well as a slew of effects pedals.
Ive made a few pieces for guitars but never a complete guitar.
There is lots of good reading out there for is though.

Ive greatly slimmed down my collection of gear since being married....Ive owned over a hundred amps and well over a hundred guitars.

As far as music goes, look up a song called "breath of the swamp" by a band called the showdown.
"put it in the red, burn the concrete black and run"

God bless
-Shred
Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Post by Fahlin Racing »

Hmmm, been thinking about who the best guitar &/or bass players could be IMO, being that I am a younger generation, I haven't heard nearly as much as others on here to rate any of the older musicians to compare the newer.

So who are, lets say, ....the top five guitarists of all time in everyones opinion 8)

I'd have to think about this one, let it rip guys.

Gas & Diesel motorsports
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Greatest car song of all time: Red Barchetta
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump »

Even though I listened more to Steve Ray Vaughn, BB King and Eric Clapton, I think Chet Atkins was the man, but I'm older than all of you. All you "punks" will say something like Hendricks? :D
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."
DCK
Expert
Expert

Post by DCK »

Speedbump wrote:Even though I listened more to Steve Ray Vaughn, BB King and Eric Clapton, I think Chet Atkins was the man, but I'm older than all of you. All you "punks" will say something like Hendricks? :D
Lol, not even my generation of late 80's early 90's. Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen as far as "technical" guitarists. Fun to listen to Kirk Hammet, Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dave Mustaine, Dimebag Darrel, Angus Young, etc. There are others, but my memory hasn't been refreshed in a while. Many were overshadowed by the bands themselves and underappreciated.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

I like car songs of many era's (and truck driving songs),

I played and listened to a lot of early rock&roll, blues, rockabilly and country. Most fond of car songs like Hot Rod Shotgun Boogie, Maybellene , Hot Rod Lincoln, (Hot Rod Ford, Hot Rod race),Too Much Monkey Business, No Particular Place To Go, Ride On Josephine, You Can't Catch Me , Truck Driving Man , Six Days, etc, etc...

Here is a site that works like a free jukebox of car songs.
http://local.aaca.org/junior/cartunes/mp3/1950.htm
Sirshredalot

Post by Sirshredalot »

I think Yngwie Malmsteen is so frickin boring, If youve heard one song...youve heard them all.

Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert Immediatley come to mind as far as favorites...Maybe not best though...theyre up there.

Are we talking Best in terms of technique, style, talent, creativity?

Eddie Van Halen is probably in my top two because hes so creative and just fun to listen to and play.

Paul Gilbert is my favorite technical musician....In my opinion, his speed, talent, and style are unmatched. He offers more musical variety than any other player that I am familiar with.

Jimi Hendrix was creative, but as far as talent goes...there where MUCH more technically and musically advance players of the era.
Alman, Atkins, Scruggs, Cooder.

There are lots of good guitar players.
George bensen, eric Johnson, SRV, john schofield, reb beach, joe satriani, Brad Paisley ..etc as far as the bigger names are concerned.

I dont think this question can be answered though....its like what is the ultimate jelly...grape or strawberry? All a matter of preference.

God bless
-Shred
Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Post by Fahlin Racing »

All you "punks" will say something like Hendricks?
Haha, no not actually, i was thinking along the lines of Eric Clapton as one of them.
I dont think this question can be answered though....its like what is the ultimate jelly...grape or strawberry? All a matter of preference.
Well, its an opinion pretty much, everything rolled into one in regards to creativity, talent etc when selecting your own top five. Being I haven't heard of quite as many guitarists a many of you this will be a fun conversation for myself and others I am sure. Probably interest me to listen to new groups I haven't before.
I like car songs of many era's (and truck driving songs),

I was actually listening to C.W. McCalls greatest hits last night while we were in my buddy's dually.

Gas & Diesel motorsports