Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
2009 EngineMasters, What's new?

Post by JonKaase »

Just wondering if anyone is running yet. Does anyone know of any dropouts yet? News of any kind? .... Kaase
JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Post by JonKaase »

Joe C, did you get the lifter tool? If the finished size is too big for a good press fit, we can find 1.002" od bushings. Let me know. ... Kaase
promachine
Pro
Pro

Post by promachine »

Looks like nobody else works on Sunday but you and me. We are scheduled to run gene and dans hemi about a week before they need to be there. They have been on for about 5 days of testing this year and have learned plenty. The question is will they have enough for the late model guys. Good luck this year!-John
h.p. peddler
rmcomprandy

Post by rmcomprandy »

Well, I ran mine for the first time 2 weeks ago. Was improving it consistantly when the epoxy came out of one intake port and bounced around the top end of the engine.
I am in the process of disassembling it and cleaning it all then put it back together with new top rings.
I will be there but, maybe not in the engine's best state of tune...!

When you work for yourself and live alone, Labor Day is just another Monday, LOL.
There is no such thing as a paid vacation day.
mike walsh
Expert
Expert

Post by mike walsh »

rmcomprandy wrote:Well, I ran mine for the first time 2 weeks ago. Was improving it consistantly when the epoxy came out of one intake port and bounced around the top end of the engine.
I am in the process of disassembling it and cleaning it all then put it back together with new top rings.

When you work for yourself and live alone, Labor Day is just another Monday, LOL.
It's "labor" day around here everyday! Heavy on the labor.
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

promachine wrote:Looks like nobody else works on Sunday but you and me.
Right. I spent all day trying to get the 'bad' ports on our BBC close to the good ports. Frustrating. Had it on and off the bench at least ten times and doing another day of that monday. At least I can keep the doors locked and let the phone ring.

We're still a solid two weeks from running if everything goes perfectly. What are the odds...
Daryl

Revolutionary Performance and Machine
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

rmcomprandy wrote:Well, I ran mine for the first time 2 weeks ago. Was improving it consistantly when the epoxy came out of one intake port and bounced around the top end of the engine.

was it moroso A & B?
dan miller

Post by dan miller »

Hello Randy

Even if it requires a lie, please don't say it was Splash Zone. lol

Hello Everyone else

Hopefully, we can be on the Pro Machine Dyno a little earlier than anticipated. Gene's finishing up on the manifold porting - probably one more day. Ron Pratt is bolting the heads on for the final time this afternoon. Checked clearances (p/v, p/h) and compression ratio this morning, and all's well.

I'm beavering away on the headers, and am about half done. Thirty more hours, three more days. We should be ready for the dyno about a week from today. Barring unforeseen circumstances. Not a chance of that. What?

I had expected fuel by now. Anyone else got theirs?

Danny
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

no fuel yet here.

Another day whittling away at the heads today.
Daryl

shannon79malibu

power

Post by shannon79malibu »

alright jon just go ahead and tell us that you already have 2840 or up i here through the vine bes has the power on the ls . how much will it take to win jon know you have thought about it . good luck everyone
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

I just put my shortblock together yesterday. I still have a lot of work to get done and then hope for no problems. My dyno time is probably going to consist of breaking in the engine and making sure everything is Ok I doubt I will have time to do any testing. Pray for me.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
rmcomprandy

Post by rmcomprandy »

dan miller wrote:Hello Randy

Even if it requires a lie, please don't say it was Splash Zone. lol

Hello Everyone else

Hopefully, we can be on the Pro Machine Dyno a little earlier than anticipated. Gene's finishing up on the manifold porting - probably one more day. Ron Pratt is bolting the heads on for the final time this afternoon. Checked clearances (p/v, p/h) and compression ratio this morning, and all's well.

I'm beavering away on the headers, and am about half done. Thirty more hours, three more days. We should be ready for the dyno about a week from today. Barring unforeseen circumstances. Not a chance of that. What?

I had expected fuel by now. Anyone else got theirs?

Danny
Dan, it was DEVCON Liquid Aluminum.
That's what made the damage worse than normal 'cause that stuff is 80% aluminum powder.
The replacement WILL be Z-Spar; (Splash Zone).

No gasoline yet ...
revolutionary
Guru
Guru

Post by revolutionary »

Eric, the pan show up yet?
Daryl

shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

Well, I'd like to say how well mine's coming along, or that it's at least showing good promise by now. But since I ended up further down the alternate list than "Jailbait Cycles and Rods" I'm gonna guess that my shot at victory is getting held off for another year.
shawn
rmcomprandy

Post by rmcomprandy »

Well, I spent most of the weekend helping on the dyno with Alternate #19 ... dropouts don't really happen until the last week and if the alternate is not ready, they just go onward to the next one.