dwilliams
Guru
Guru
Leningrad Cowboys

Post by dwilliams »

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

Every now and then I come across something that's so bizarre I wonder if I slipped across into an alternate reality. The other night I followed a link to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014

Alternativly, hit YouTube and seach for "Leningrad Cowboys" and pick "Sweet Home Alabama." It will usually be the first link.

Helsinki, 1993. Seventy thousand people at the largest concert ever held in Finland, featuring the Finnish rock group "Leningrad Cowboys." Singing in English, in pompadours, striped suits, and pointy shoes. Backed by the full 160-member Red Army Choir from Russia, in uniform, also singing in English.

Lynyrd Skynrd's "Sweet Home Alabama."

They're not half bad, and you can see the Red Army guys are having an absolute blast, too.

This is wrong on so many levels I can't even express it. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The WTF-meter just broke.

I only watched the stupid video half a dozen times before checking some of the others out. There's a DVD of the event, called "Total Balalaika Show, but it appears to only be available in Euro PAL format.

"Sweet Home Ah-labama
where the skiiies are blue..."
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

OK, I can die now.
I've seen it all.

BTW, I like "Just a gigolo" best
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

well that's something you don't see everyday (unless you click on that Youtube link daily)
Cheston Phillips
96 Impala SS
05 Silverado