more chinese ------

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Mark R

more chinese ------

Post by Mark R »

I just got a blower belt in for one of the projects in the shop and screen printed right on the belt is "made in China".. Just great, can't even get a blower belt from the USA. This is from a well known blower manufactor.
Dodge Freak
Guru
Guru
Post by Dodge Freak »

Know what you mean. I look now on Ebay for NOS stuff that was made 10 to 20 years ago. Ten years isn't too long but even back then some stuff was made better than today.

In a short time we-here in the USA will have cars made 100% in China driving on down the roads next to our old 100% American cars.

I'm really looking forward to that :roll:
ERV JR
Post by ERV JR »

its funny everyone cries about China stuff, Its up to the consumer to buy the goods. Its what we are willing to pay, you can buy american made stuff but it costs more, so we buy china shit. Whos fault is it ?
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I ordered the belt not knowing it was made in China, and it was NOT cheap like you would expect junk from China to be. I found out it was made there only when I opened the box.
The point is, it's getting harder to find stuff made here anymore.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Mark R wrote:I ordered the belt not knowing it was made in China, and it was NOT cheap like you would expect junk from China to be. I found out it was made there only when I opened the box.
The point is, it's getting harder to find stuff made here anymore.

It might not be junk? :D
GURU is only a name.
Adam
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

What is often overlooked is the fact that many products are made in China by American companies. Not only is labor cheaper, they work harder, appreciate their jobs, and there are no unnecessary regulations.

Think for little bit as to what it will take to bring manufacuring back to US shores.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Someone has to fund their public health care system.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

F-BIRD'88 wrote:Someone has to fund their public health care system.
I don't know you but you really impress me as an American on what you say!! Total common sense!!
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

That didn't sound right sorry.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
J Simoneaux

Post by J Simoneaux »

Whats even more sickening is you hear the recalls on the news about the toys made in china are killing or getting children sick and yet you go to the infant toy section in walmart and damn near ever item i looked at fr my son says "made in china." You have to go to a lil mom and pop boutique type store to find toys made in the USA and you are right its does cost a lil more but you get wat u pay for. If anything they shoould be out sourcing to mexico! Those guys WORK!!!! i seen 3 guys all under 5'3" hang my entire first floor in my house in sheetrock in under a day! Have u ever seen a guy 5'3" balance a whole 4x8 sheetrock on his head while climbing up a ladder with a screw gun in the other hand! That was simply amazing!
xanadu
Pro
Pro

Post by xanadu »

I just realised this computer i am typing on is Made In China :lol: :lol: :lol:

What can we do???
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump »

Topic probably needs to go to the GD discussion. :D American manufacturers need to shoulder a bunch of the blame. Many is the time I paid more and got crummy quality. If I buy off shore I expect to touch it up, etc. When I have to do the same to the "higher price" stuff, the anger is huge.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I'm with ya Speedbump, and you're right I put this in the wrong forum.
gnicholson
Pro
Pro

Post by gnicholson »

David Redszus wrote:What is often overlooked is the fact that many products are made in China by American companies. Not only is labor cheaper, they work harder, appreciate their jobs, and there are no unnecessary regulations.

Think for little bit as to what it will take to bring manufacuring back to US shores.
i agree about the regulations but i think most people here appreciate their jobs and if everyone here made chinese wages none of us would be building hot rods
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

gnicholson wrote: i agree about the regulations but i think most people here appreciate their jobs and if everyone here made chinese wages none of us would be building hot rods
And that my friend is exactly what is going to happen.

The auto worker in a foreign country that earns 20K per year, works damned hard and pays ten dollars a gallon for his gasoline, wonders how long the great American illusion can last.

Reality is going to strike America very hard indeed.
Cheers, Tony.