more chinese ------

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

Harry too much here to reply to point by point, but I will picck up on one thing.
1. America is a sovereign nation. We do not require UN approval to defend ourselves against attack...... As you allege. Even preemptorily.
Yes indeed.
But when had Iraq ever Attacked America directly ?
In fact the Iraqi military was totally destroyed in Gulf War One.
When was this attack on America that triggered Gulf War Two as you claim.
Please give details, it is something I have never heard before..

If America had really been attacked by Iraq, the UN would have responded (all fifty nations of us) with massive force to defend America, exactly as it did to defend Kuwait.

Now there is international law, and rules of war, and the Geneva Convention.
America cannot just preemtively attack any nation it feels like attacking, even though George W Bush very foolishly claimed that right.

You first need to make a case and convince other nations that some sort of combined response (to a threat) is required. That is how the UN operates. Countries get together to settle disputes and agree to abide by the majority decision. That is what international law is.

America by invading and occupying Iraq , without going through the UN was an ILLEGAL ACTION according to international law.

I know Americans totally despise international law, the UN and the Geneva Convention.
Might is always right.
What right have foreigners to tell Americans what to do ???

Yes that is true.

If you wish to operate completely outside international law, any standards of morality, and have no friends.
And that attitude is precisely why America no longer has any allies left.

You seem convinced that America still has allies fighting beside Americans in Iraq, who are they ?
Name them.

Come on Harry, you know very well that no other country supports America, or American foreign policy any more.
You guys are now completely on your own.

And as you are about to very soon discover, once the economic collapse gains momentum, and Obama declares martial law, nobody is coming to help you.

It will be fascinating to hear the response of ordinary Americans, when your own government declares "the American people" insurgents and terrorists, and the US a war zone under full military occupation..

Don't laugh, that is about to happen.
Cheers, Tony.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

"And as you are about to very soon discover, once the economic collapse gains momentum, and Obama declares martial law, nobody is coming to help you."

I bet you will be very pleased and probably will have a drink. Then who will keep all the petty little dictators in line. I hate to see a world without the US acting as policeman. By the way I think that Obama's goal is to take our country down a notch or two and he is doing a good job of it.

Hey Tony, looks to me as if Great Britain is falling apart like a cheap suit. They are down to releasing prisoners for oil.
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

1989TransAm wrote:"

Hey Tony, looks to me as if Great Britain is falling apart like a cheap suit. They are down to releasing prisoners for oil.
The whole world is falling apart, not just Britain.
Sordid political deals are a fact of life everywhere these days, unfortunately.
A bit like sewers really.
Everyone knows what is down there, and how necessary sewers are, but nobody wants to think about it too much.

I really don't know what to make of Obama, there are too many wildly conflicting signals. There is something about the guy that I find deeply unsettling.
Cheers, Tony.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

"I really don't know what to make of Obama, there are too many wildly conflicting signals. There is something about the guy that I find deeply unsettling."

That is one thing we can agree on. I would suspect for different reasons though. :wink:
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

enigma57 wrote:Tony, this is entirely off topic, but as you addressed your initial comments regarding this subject to myself here on Mark's thread about Chinese import parts, I will be happy to respond so long as its OK with Mark......

RE: Your comments......

To myself......
Warpspeed wrote:Harry, what about the entertainment offered by Americans to foreigners at Gitmo and Abu Gharib and other US run torture prisons around the globe ?

And the 1.5 million Iraqi civilians the US military have now murdered are just as dead. And what was their crime exactly ?
To TransAm......
Warpspeed wrote:The US military are not just firing into the air over there, they are KILLING PEOPLE. That is what invading armies do.

Do you want to start with the two UN resolutions? The final objective is for Iraq to have a government of their choosing.

The UN had nothing at all to do with America' illegal invasion of Iraq.

Gulf War One WAS a proper legal UN military action, where fifty nations voted to boot Saddam out of Kuwait. Fifty nations took part in that operation.
There was a reason, and a definite military objective. Once that had been achieved Desert Storm ended, and apart from the blockade around Iraq to prevent rearming, everyone then went home..

Gulf War Two was definitely not sanctioned by the UN and never has been.
It was an illegal US invasion (supported only by Britain). None of the other forty eight UN nations took part, as the would have if it had been a UN action.

Make no mistake, Bush lied.
Every intelligence agency on the planet, (including the CIA) knew full well Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction.
Bush lied, and the whole world knew that at the time.

The American public were lied to, and kept in the dark by the American media. I am astonished that after six years of warfare some Americans still believe the weapons of mass destruction lie.

No the UN has not sanctioned the War in Iraq, and never will.

America is now there all alone losing that war with no allies left now that Britain has deserted you..

You are dead wrong about Gulf War Two being based on any combined UN resolution. If it were, where are all the other UN nations fighting in Iraq ?
To TransAm......
Warpspeed wrote:Yes I read that resolution.

It was dated in 2002 and applied to the events leading up to and subsequent to GULF WAR ONE.

Nowhere in that link you gave does it say the UN voted to invade Iraq a SECOND TIME. Although that is what George W Bush wanted, a vote to that effect was never passed. The UN only authorised sanctions and weapons inspectors, and a blockade of Iraq.

All the evidence pointed to the fact that Saddam did once have weapons of mass destruction, but they had either been destroyed, or were no longer effective as a serious weapons. Times change, and the biological weaponry originally supplied to Iraq BY AMERICA during the much earlier Iraq/Iran war were no longer effective.Likewise Saddam tried all ways to get weapons and buy weapons technology from overseas, but failed to do so.

The illegal US invasion of Iraq (Gulf War Two) only began in early 2003. That was long after Gulf War One had completely ended.

Please try to understand there have been two completely separate wars in Iraq that have little or no connection with each other.

Gulf war one involved fifty nations. It was fully sanctioned by the UN.
It was swift and very effective.

Gulf war two involved only the US and Britain. It was a completely illegal invasion not authorised by the UN.
It has been a total disaster in every respect that has dragged on for six long and bloody years with no end in sight.

The Iraqis are only attacking American (and previously British) troops that have illegally invaded and occupied their country.

Americans would do exactly the same if a foreign army invaded the US.
Tony, with all due respect......

1. America is a sovereign nation. We do not require UN approval to defend ourselves against attack...... As you allege. Even preemptorily.

2. The ongoing campaign in Iraq did not 'involve only the U.S. and Britain'...... As you allege. Although it was frustrating for many Americans who saw no need for him to do so, President Bush did address this through the UN in the months priour...... And when we finally went into Iraq, coalition forces were initially inclusive of 39 nations. And yes, we appreciate the efforts of our allies in the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and all the others who stood with us against Hussein as well.

3. There are not 'two completely separate wars in Iraq that have little or no connection with each other'...... As you allege. In many respects, the ongoing campaign in Iraq is a continuation of the 1st Gulf War. You see, the ceasefire agreement ending hostilities there in 1991 specifically states that Iraq was to disarm to the extent that Hussein could no longer pose a threat to other nations and in addition to other restrictions and stipulations...... Further specifies that should he not honour the agreement in any way (and he broke it many times)...... Any or all nations signatory to the 1991 ceasefire agreement brokered by the UN (that includes America) may resume hostilities against Iraq and enforce the provisions of the ceasefire agreement at any time in future. That agreement remains in force to this very day and requires no further approval nor authorization from the UN.

4. Our military campaign in Iraq was / is in no way 'illegal'...... As you allege.

5. Our forces there are not 'murdering' and 'torturing' innocent Iraqi civilians...... As you allege.

6. President Bush did not 'lie' about anything...... As you allege. Although that was not the primary reason for our going into Iraq...... Saddam Hussein did, in fact, have weapons of mass destruction...... And evidence of them has been found and reported during the current campaign in Iraq.

7. And even though the opposition party during his time in office did their best to sabotage the war effort and sell out our troops serving in harm's way...... And managed to politicize the war on terror in general and our campiagn in Iraq in particular...... For purely political purposes in their quest to regain power...... The war is not 'lost'...... As you allege.

Now...... If you sincerely wish to know the truth and somehow missed all of this as it unfolded over the past 8 years...... I will be happy to walk you through it.

To begin, please refer to my response to Paul on page 14 of Mike's thread about healthcare reform when he digressed and broached this subject......

viewtopic.php?t=17589&start=195

With respect,

Harry
enigma57 wrote:
B20Paul wrote:According to the ISG, no WMDs where found nor where they likely to ever have existed and since they are the only officials from the Bush administration looking for & reporting on WMDs, any neocons such as yourself should have no problem excepting their verdict.
:wink: Paul, there were most certainly WMDs in Iraq priour to our deposing Hussein there. And if you are interested, I can expound on that. However, in the interests of brevity, I will merely touch on a few of the major events leading up to the ongoing military campaign in Iraq for you here. WMDs were a factor, yes...... But they were a lesser side issue in the overall scheme of things.

The important thing to remember is that the campaign in Iraq is merely one component part of the overall war on terror. It was never a separate "war" in and of itself, as many in the media attempt to portray it. Also, we here in America do not think that everybody in the world is against us nor that they hate us. In reality, there are some in the world who do, but many more who do not. That is just the way it is. Life is not a popularity contest. There are times when one must stand up for what is right...... Even if it means standing alone when only a few agree. That is how it is with nations as well as with people at times. The challenges facing us with regard to the worldwide war on terror are of such import that they tend to polarize those having differing viewpoints. The war on terror is not as simple as dealing with a few organized international thugs in isolated incidents. You see, our future as a nation and the collective future of the entirety of Western civilization hang in the balance. The situation is that serious. I am not exaggerating.

O.K., here goes......

In retrospect, former President Carter's failure to respond swiftly and decisively with overwhelming military force to the Iran hostage situation beginning in late 1979 marked the beginning of an escalation of anti-American activities by middle eastern terrorist organizations. As the leader of our nation at that time, President Carter's show of weakness and failed resolve was taken by the terrorists to mean that America as a nation lacked the will and resolve to defend herself and so America and Americans abroad were thereafter regarded by the terrorists as viable targets for attack.

19 years later, the following statement from Osama/Usama bin Laden and his associates purported to be a religious ruling (fatwa) requiring the killing of Americans, both civilian and military. This document is part of the evidence that links the bin Laden network to the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington......

"Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders

World Islamic Front Statement......

23 February 1998

Shaykh Usamah Bin-Muhammad Bin-Ladin
Ayman al-Zawahiri, amir of the Jihad Group in Egypt
Abu-Yasir Rifa'i Ahmad Taha, Egyptian Islamic Group
Shaykh Mir Hamzah, secretary of the Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Pakistan
Fazlur Rahman, amir of the Jihad Movement in Bangladesh

Praise be to G-d, who revealed the Book, controls the clouds, defeats factionalism, and says in His Book: "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)"; and peace be upon our Prophet, Muhammad Bin-'Abdallah, who said: I have been sent with the sword between my hands to ensure that no one but G-d is worshipped, G-d who put my livelihood under the shadow of my spear and who inflicts humiliation and scorn on those who disobey my orders.

The Arabian Peninsula has never -- since G-d made it flat, created its desert, and encircled it with seas -- been stormed by any forces like the crusader armies spreading in it like locusts, eating its riches and wiping out its plantations. All this is happening at a time in which nations are attacking Muslims like people fighting over a plate of food. In the light of the grave situation and the lack of support, we and you are obliged to discuss current events, and we should all agree on how to settle the matter.

No one argues today about three facts that are known to everyone; we will list them, in order to remind everyone:

First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples.

If some people have in the past argued about the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it. The best proof of this is the Americans' continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, but they are helpless.

Second, despite the great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people by the crusader-Zionist alliance, and despite the huge number of those killed, which has exceeded 1 million... despite all this, the Americans are once against trying to repeat the horrific massacres, as though they are not content with the protracted blockade imposed after the ferocious war or the fragmentation and devastation.

So here they come to annihilate what is left of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors.

Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there. The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.

All these crimes and sins committed by the Americans are a clear declaration of war on G-d, his messenger, and Muslims. And ulema have throughout Islamic history unanimously agreed that the jihad is an individual duty if the enemy destroys the Muslim countries. This was revealed by Imam Bin-Qadamah in "Al- Mughni," Imam al-Kisa'i in "Al-Bada'i," al-Qurtubi in his interpretation, and the shaykh of al-Islam in his books, where he said: "As for the fighting to repulse [an enemy], it is aimed at defending sanctity and religion, and it is a duty as agreed [by the ulema]. Nothing is more sacred than belief except repulsing an enemy who is attacking religion and life."

On that basis, and in compliance with G-d's order, we issue the following fatwa to all Muslims:

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty G-d, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in G-d."

This is in addition to the words of Almighty G-d: "And why should ye not fight in the cause of G-d and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)? -- women and children, whose cry is: 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will help!'"

We -- with G-d's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in G-d and wishes to be rewarded to comply with G-d's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.

Almighty G-d said: "O ye who believe, give your response to G-d and His Apostle, when He calleth you to that which will give you life. And know that G-d cometh between a man and his heart, and that it is He to whom ye shall all be gathered."

Almighty G-d also says: "O ye who believe, what is the matter with you, that when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of G-d, ye cling so heavily to the earth! Do ye prefer the life of this world to the hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For G-d hath power over all things."

Almighty G-d also says: "So lose no heart, nor fall into despair. For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in faith."

Our nation was attacked by terrorists of bin Laden's al-Qaeda organization on 11 September, 2001 with a resulting loss of life exceeding 3,000 with many more maimed, injured, widowed and orphaned. As a result of this attack, the following joint resolution authorizing the use of force against terrorists was adopted 14 Sept., 2001 by the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives......

"To authorize the use of United States armed forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on Sept. 11, 2001, acts of despicable violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad, and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence, and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States,

Whereas the president has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States.

Resolved by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

Section 1. Short Title

This joint resolution may be cited as the "Authorization for Use of Military Force"

Section 2. Authorization for Use of United States Armed Forces

(a) That the president is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on Sept. 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(b) War Powers Resolution Requirements

(1) Specific Statutory Authorization -- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

(2) Applicability of Other Requirements -- Nothing in this resolution supersedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution."

As you know, our military forces, aided by coalition forces, initially pursued bin Laden and his al-Qaeda organization to his stronghold in Afghanistan where the Taliban government had allowed him to set up his main base camps. After the fall of the Taliban, the demise of many al-Qaeda terrorists and with bin Laden hiding under the protection of local warlords on both sides of the Afghan/Pakistani border...... America and her allies turned their attention to the next most immediate threat in that regard...... Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

Iraq had violated Article 2 of the UN Charter by sponsoring terrorist activities against America, Israel and several other countries leading up to the al-Qaeda attacks of 11 September, 2001. At the time of the 11 September attacks, Iraq had al-Qaeda training camps and operatives within her borders. Hussein had prior knowledge of the attacks and was one of those in the region who had given his approval, well wishes, monetary and logistical support beforehand to those who carried out the attacks against us.

Additionally, by failing to disarm (a condition of the cease fire that ended hostilities in the 1st Gulf War 12 years prior...... a condition that remains in effect to this day), Hussein had placed Iraq in the position (under the provisions of the original cease fire) of being subject to disarmament by any means necessary...... Including military force.

For months, the UN failed to take action mandated by its own resolutions and charter as America and her allies were stymied by those nations on the Security Council such as France, Germany and Russia who...... Along with Communist China...... Stood to gain billions as they continued to provide Hussein with outlawed weaponry and the wherewithal to pursue development of WMD's having long range delivery capabilities.

There were those who argued that "containment" of Iraq was sufficient and that as such, no military action was warranted. Hussein, however, was not "contained" so long as he was able to continue to support, train, fund, shelter, and arm terrorists such as al-Qaeda and others and to utilize them as surrogates to extend his range of operations and influence outside Iraq.

If anything, we should learn from history not to appease the Hitlers and the Husseins of the world, but to deal with them early on...... Before they become so powerful militarily that many more lives are lost (on both sides) when we finally have no choice but to take action against them. Better to fight the terrorists now on their own turf than to let them go unchecked and fight a stronger, better equipped enemy here in the streets of America...... Or your own country...... One day soon.

After months of frustrating dealings with the UN, that organization proved itself to no longer to be relevant in today's world and so America and coalition forces had no choice, given the threat that Hussein posed to regional and to world security, but to take action on their own.

Notwithstanding all that, America has every right as a sovereign nation to defend herself against the terrorists and those who sponsor them...... With or without UN approval. I am hopeful that America will one day see the UN for what it really is and withdraw from that organization. It has long since outlived its intended purpose and seems to exist today only to funnel monies collected for "humanitarian aid" to the private Swiss bank accounts of despotic dictators and funders of terrorists. America doesn't need the UN...... It is they who need us.

Best regards,

Harry
did Canada go into Iraq with the U.S.?
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

gmrocket wrote:did Canada go into Iraq with the U.S.?
As a fully paid up member of the United Nations, Canada was one of the fifty that booted Saddam out of Kuwait in Gulf War One.

Canada did a great job, and can be very proud of it's role in that very fast, effective, and successful military action.

As to Gulf War Two, the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq by the US.

No, Canada did not send it's military into Iraq, and shares none of the shame and humiliation of defeat there, that America is now suffering.

Likewise Australia and New Zealand were both there for Gulf War One, but have not been involved in any combat missions in Iraq for Gulf War Two.
Cheers, Tony.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

"No, Canada did not send it's military into Iraq, and shares none of the shame and humiliation of defeat there, that America is now suffering."

The defeat and humiliation is news to me and I bet the Iraqi's to. You sure have some strange sources for your news. I just read a story where Iraqi's invited some Oregon National Guard troops in for diner. Actually it sounded more like a feast as it was described. My news sources tell an entirely different story than the one you are presenting.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

enigma57 wrote: 2. The ongoing campaign in Iraq did not 'involve only the U.S. and Britain'...... As you allege. Although it was frustrating for many Americans who saw no need for him to do so, President Bush did address this through the UN in the months priour...... And when we finally went into Iraq, coalition forces were initially inclusive of 39 nations. And yes, we appreciate the efforts of our allies in the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and all the others who stood with us against Hussein as well.
gmrocket wrote:did Canada go into Iraq with the U.S.?
:wink: Actually, yes. Whilst your Mr. Chrétien was in opposition publicly...... Canadians did, in fact, serve in Iraq during the ongoing military campaign. You will find some information regarding Canadian contribution in the war effort here......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Iraq_War

Best regards,

Harry
Last edited by enigma57 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

It is most unfortunate that the American public have been systematically lied to and misled, by both the US media and US politicians.

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT that you do not know the truth about the war in Iraq.

But I hope you get really mad at me

So pissed off and angry at me, that you search for the truth,,,, to prove me wrong.

When you are really hopping mad, go and vent your anger at your local political representative.

That is what I am trying to do here on this thread, not heap s**t on America or Americans, but get some of you guys to check the facts and learn the truth.
Cheers, Tony.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

No, not angry at all. Please lead us to the articles or sources where we can find the "truth". We have been presenting our side of the story with links for you to read.

By the way here are the countries that were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom as of October, 2004. You only named two. Here are more and it was easy to find the "truth". Can they be included as contributing to the say 1.5 million Iraqi civilians you say were killed? Maybe it was just the Americans doing all the killing as you stated.

As of October 15, 2004, 28 non-U.S. military forces are
contributing to the ongoing stability operations throughout Iraq.

Multi-National Force - Iraq and Multi-National Corps - Iraq

At this time, 28 non-U.S. military forces are contributing to the ongoing stability operations throughout Iraq. These countries are Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, , United Kingdom, and Ukraine.
Last edited by 1989TransAm on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

enigma57 wrote: :wink: Actually, yes. Whilst your Mr. Chrétien was in opposition publicly...... Canadians did, in fact, serve in Iraq during the ongoing military campaign. You will find some information regarding Canadian contribution in the war effort here......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Iraq_War

Best regards,

Harry
Great post Harry !!!

Australia is in exactly the same position as Canada.

We too have had military in Iraq all through Gulf War Two, but they were all non combat, helping Iraqis to rebuild their country..

We were there escorting food convoys, training the Iraqi police and military, and supplying medical aid to civilians..
There were no joint US/Australian combat missions.
We did no combat.
We have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the US war on Iraq,

Exactly like Canada, we have been in Iraq as peaceful guests of the Iraqi government.

We were never fired upon or road bombed, and we still have zero military combat deaths in Iraq after six long years of warfare.

That is the difference.

Countries like Canada and Australia have military in Iraq, but we are friends of the Iraqi people and are never fired upon.

Do you fully understand that !
We are NEVER FIRED UPON.

It is only British and Americans that are fired upon.
If you just pull out and go home, the war will be over.
Cheers, Tony.
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

1989TransAm wrote:
At this time, 28 non-U.S. military forces are contributing to the ongoing stability operations throughout Iraq. These countries are Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, , United Kingdom, and Ukraine.
Yes indeed TransAm

Many nations are assisting Iraq to rebuild.

Only America is trying to rip the country apart by brute military force.

Check your facts.

How many of the countries you mention are actually conducting COMBAT MISSIONS against insurgents beside America as allies ?

I mean actually expending live ammunition in Iraq ?

Back this up with some links that detail joint operations between the US military and some of the countries on your list.

And how many are there in Iraq supplying peaceful assistance and humanitarian aid only to the civillain population ?

You might be really shocked by the answer,
Cheers, Tony.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Warpspeed wrote:If you just pull out and go home, the war will be over.
:wink: Right...... You just go on believing that, mate. We have an old expression here in Texas. It goes something like this...... 'Make a wish in one hand, then sh*t in the other....... And see which one fills up first!' :D

Tony, seriously...... The facts do not bear out your position with regard to the ongoing military campaign in Iraq. And no, I will not be angry with your playing the agent provacateur here...... For I understand that you are quite sincere in your beliefs and have obviously been mislead by the left-biased media and others who have a dog in the hunt. However, if you wish to learn the truth, I will be happy to steer you in the right direction, that you may learn what you have not been privy to thus far.

In answer to your previous post to me...... The bulk of your queries were answered in my priour post on the preceding page. Please revisit that post when you have the time.

As regards international law, the UN and the Geneva Conventions......

America as a nation respects and complies with treaties and binding agreements we have entered into with such organizations. Prior to the present administration, I could say with confidence that our government will act in our nation's best interests and protect and defend our sovereignty in international matters when necessary, however. Sadly, I can no longer tell you that.

I can tell you this though...... The American people will neither knowingly nor willingly give up our national sovereignty to extraterritorial entities such as the UN. And if the people who have recently seized power in Washington overreach in their efforts to weaken our nation and make us subservient to organizations such as the UN...... There is a point at which the American people will stand up to them en masse and put an end to their tyranny.
Warpspeed wrote:And as you are about to very soon discover, once the economic collapse gains momentum, and Obama declares martial law, nobody is coming to help you.

It will be fascinating to hear the response of ordinary Americans, when your own government declares "the American people" insurgents and terrorists, and the US a war zone under full military occupation..

Don't laugh, that is about to happen.
No laughter here, Tony. Millions of Americans are watching this administration's every move and we take this possible eventuality very seriously indeed. It is painfully obvious to anyone with even a few brain cells working that they are doing all the wrong things to address the current recession (which is in large part of their own making).

The real danger for us here...... And for yourselves as well, actually...... Is that in the 'Obama' administration's zeal to take advantage of any crisis they can in order to effect this power grab whilst spending our nation into bankruptcy...... They very well may push us...... And the world, for that matter...... Into the financial collapse of which you speak.

That's the thing about liberals and socialists, you see...... Eventually, they run out of other people's money to spend. And they can only print so much worthless paper currency before the U.S. dollar is devalued to the point that even the ChiComs will no longer host U.S. debt.

In short...... If we here allow them to continue along this path until that point is reached...... That will be straw that breaks the camel's back.

Don't worry so much about coming to our aid if the unthinkable occurs. Its a small world and we are all in the same financial boat anyway. If the American economy tanks...... Yours will as well. And if society crumbles as a result and martial law is declared here to address civil unrest...... You will find yourselves in similar circumstances there as well. Only you may not have guns there with which to protect home and family, given recent inroads by the anti-gunners 'down under'.

The American people are resilient, if anything...... As are Aussies I have met. We have gotten through worse. If anything...... Consider setting aside political and ideological differences and extending your hand in friendship, that we may join forces and mutually support one another. The human instinct for survival will transcend our differences in such circumstances. That is what history teaches us.
Warpspeed wrote:I really don't know what to make of Obama, there are too many wildly conflicting signals. There is something about the guy that I find deeply unsettling.
On that, we can most certainly agree.

Best regards,

Harry
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

Harry, you are a very honest and sincere man, and my respect for you continues to grow.

The Middle East has been a politically turbulent region for thousands of years. They have never had a stable political system, and probably never will have. It is in the culture, and in the blood.

The idea that America can first bomb Iraq back to the stone age, then at gun point, force some type of Christian democracy on the survivors is just ludicrous.

It did not work in Vietnam, and it certainly will not work in Iraq.

The best thing America can do right now is pull out of Iraq completely.

There will then be absolute chaos for a while, and a very bloody power struggle between various ethnic and religious factions, and they will eventually get themselves a new Despot.

But it is THEIR COUNTRY, and they have some right to determine their own future (or fate).

The best the rest of the world can do for Iraq is to offer humanitarian aid, and help rebuild their infrastructure. That is exactly what countries like Canada and Australia are trying to do right now.

America demands total autonomy, and the right to attack anyone at any time for any reason.
You are wrong there..

But why not grant Iraq the same autonomy to decide it's own future ?

Turn this completely around.

Suppose Saddam had invaded and occupied America, and killed eighteen million Americans (proportional), introduced Sharia Law and claimed he was freeing Americans. If you oppose him you are an insurgent and deserve to die.

Suppose some dumb ignorant Australian (like me) suggested Saddam pull completely out of America, take his army of occupation away, and let the Democrats and Republicans fight it out between themselves to decide their own political future. Would that be so unreasonable ?
Cheers, Tony.
Warpspeed
Guru
Guru
Post by Warpspeed »

enigma57 wrote: If the American economy tanks...... Yours will as well. And if society crumbles as a result and martial law is declared here to address civil unrest...... You will find yourselves in similar circumstances there as well. Only you may not have guns there with which to protect home and family, given recent inroads by the anti-gunners 'down under'.
That is where you are very wrong.

When the USSR collapsed, the entire world collapsed with it.
Or did you not notice ?

America makes up less than 5% of the worlds population, and the other 95% will get along just fine without Hollywood, Mc Donald's hamburgers, or being attacked by the US military.

Some guy living in Latvia or Honduras, or Queensland is not at all influenced by Obama's health care pronouncements, homosexuality taught in Californian schools, or the value of GM stock.

If a whole lot of Americana decide to have a revolution and start killing other Americans, we will just watch it on satellite TV.

It is absolutely laughable hearing some Americans say 9/11 changed the entire world.

No, America is just America.
Small and inconsequential in the greater scheme of things.

Suppose Australia suddenly blew up, or sank below the pacific Ocean. That would effect the life of every American, huh ?

And your guns will neither keep America prosperous, set you free, or give you immortality.

No, America is just a small place we hear about in the news, and of no particular significance to most of us.
Cheers, Tony.