Fairmont GT

Post by Fairmont GT »

Truly Sad. May He Rest in peace.

Warren
hsutton
Pro
Pro

Post by hsutton »

I'm sure anyone that knew him feels a great sense of loss, i know i certainly do.
Larry Widmer
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by Larry Widmer »

I've been pretty bummed all day after reading the post this morning. I think Ed touched all of us on this board. I was really praying that he'd overcome his illness and return to the work he loved.
I think that one thing Ed has taught us all is that you absolutely MUST address health issues early on, because your chances of beating these illnesses diminish the longer we procrastinate.
Godspeed Ed.
trmnatr

Re: Ed "ANSWER MAN" Edvanced Engines Wilson has pa

Post by trmnatr »

JODY wrote:I just found out that Ed was found dead by his nephew lastnight in Ed's apartment.
We are working on getting the information about his funeral arrangements. I will post the info when I get it.
Ed was a great guy and would help anyone with information on how to go fast. It didn't matter if you used him to build your stuff or go thru him to buy it, he always was there to help.
I for one will miss his friendship and always positive attitude and his love for God.
Ed told me last week that he was 100% cancer free but the treatments had made him very sick and weak. God said he had enough and brought him home.
Prayers go out to his family
beth
Expert
Expert

Post by beth »

I am so very sorry to hear this. Ed was very special, I hope he can look down and see how much he was loved and appreciated.

beth
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Ed Wilson was a great guy who would go out of his way to help anyone. One of the finest and kindest gentlemen I have ever met, whether in person or here on the forum.

All who met Ed are the better for having known him. He set a wonderful example for us all and he will be missed.

May G-d grant you fair winds and following seas on your journey home, Ed......

Harry and Family
Malvn
HotPass
HotPass
Post by Malvn »

It is sad to hear of ED passing away but now he has no more Pain he is with God now no more poor boy racing Its all first Class Now!!!

GOD SPEED ED WILSON

And My Prayers go out to his family

Malvin :(
Engguy
Guru
Guru
Post by Engguy »

I didn't know Ed except for what I read on this site. It saddens me to see another good person pass away.
djdrummer
Ed Answer Man Funeral Info

Post by djdrummer »

Everyone,
My name is David, Ed's nephew, but he would have referred to me as D.J. Sorry for the late info, but I just found out details, and joined this today, in order to provide funeral info.

The funeral service will be held at his home church located in McKinney TX this Sunday 8-30-09 at 2pm, which is located between Dallas, and Sherman.
A map to the church can be located at the website below.
If you cannot make it to McKinney, there is scheduled a military honors burial this Tuesday at the Dallas Memorial Cemetary also.
He wanted lots of singing, and rejoicing at his "celebration".
So no reason to be sad, he completed his journey. Come lets celebrate with him.
For more info or questions, you can reach me at 972-658-9769.

Thanks for all your support and prayers.
DJ

www.pentecostalsofmckinney.com
Procision-Auto
Guru
Guru

Post by Procision-Auto »

In Memory of Ed Wilson

Last edited by Procision-Auto on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Post by Fahlin Racing »

The man I only knew through his writings on Speedtalk. I can't really say much about him, but to everyone, like mentioned before celebrate this mans life today and tomorrow and the next. He is not completely gone guys, he will forever be around, wether we are at the strip, oval or just hanging out in our backyards with a beer. This may be a sad thing to think about, but whatever Ed was about, you guys that are his friends, keep in mind what he was like and carry forward to the younger gearheads Ed's expertise and personality.

I salute you Ed Wilson, for what you have brought to the table in the world of motorsports, as I saluted my father for what he did in my life when he was layed to rest. He will be looking over us. Do not be sad, celebrate the friendships, the memories and whatever else gave you guys a smile or a chuckle from this man Ed Wilson. 8) :)

Rest in peace Ed
Jim "Iron Giant" Fahlin ~ A high performance car is like a guitar, you have to tune it to achieve your best operation and pull ahead of the competition.

Gas & Diesel motorsports
BigMoose

Post by BigMoose »

If one of you guys make it to the funeral services, and if they ask if anyone wishes to say a few words at the funeral home or during services... please consider standing up and saying how much Ed effected a lot of folks across the nation. Effected us for the good, with his faith, with his advice, with his friendship. Please also acknowledge how he gave Glory to his Creator, and thanked Him for His blessings until He called Ed home. Let them know that a lot of folks respected this man, for who he was and what he stood for.

To Ed's family, I am sorry I cannot make the trip to Texas tomorrow. I sincerely would have liked to come. ... (I am spending as much time with my Mom as possible, she has but days until she will be called home also...)
"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."
nosnerd

Post by nosnerd »

i have only know him through his posts on various BBs for several yrs...

R.I.P

a good man indeed...

alan
"ignorance should be painful"
winr

Post by winr »

I havent been on in a while and I was wondering how Ed was doing..

I expected to hear he was working on an engine...

This is very sad news, I never met Ed but really liked his posts and was rooting for him to get well.

Ed wasnt only talented..he was tough.

Ricky.
All your Truck are belong to us
barnym17
Guru
Guru
Post by barnym17 »

Godspeed, your home now Ed.