Ed "ANSWER MAN" Edvanced Engines Wilson has passed

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

JODY

Ed "ANSWER MAN" Edvanced Engines Wilson has passed

Post by JODY »

I just found out that Ed was found dead by his nephew lastnight in Ed's apartment.
We are working on getting the information about his funeral arrangements. I will post the info when I get it.
Ed was a great guy and would help anyone with information on how to go fast. It didn't matter if you used him to build your stuff or go thru him to buy it, he always was there to help.
I for one will miss his friendship and always positive attitude and his love for God.
Ed told me last week that he was 100% cancer free but the treatments had made him very sick and weak. God said he had enough and brought him home.
www.goldentriangleracers.com
GregGood
Expert
Expert
Post by GregGood »

Sorry to hear it. :cry:
gimmemud

Post by gimmemud »

Ed was one of a kind for sure, I just talked to him on Monday. I was totaly floored when I heard that he was gone. Ed was the type of person that would do anything he possibly could to help you. He designed my 435ci SBC and I had called him on Monday to let him know that we set a new 200ft National Record in The Pro Modified class this past Saturday in Kansas. I now hold the 160ft National record and the 200ft National Record, honestly we could not have accomplished this without Ed's help. Ed and I developed a friendship that I will cherrish forever. I learned a lot from him over the past 4 years that I was involved with him. He was the type that would call and talk for hours at a time, full of information and technical advise. I would have loved to have been able to spend more time with him. In the past few months he had gotten to the point that he couldnt talk at all. I would call him and tell him what was on my mind and he would Email or text me back with the info I needed.

He was very excited when I called him and let him know about the National Record I was able to set with his help and knowledge.

Like Tony, Jody, and many more we lost a very dear friend in Ed. God Speed Ed, may you Rest In Peace, I will dearly miss you.
Unpredictable Pro Mud Racing.

200ft PRO MOD World Record Holder 2.484

MRA National Pro Mod Points Champion 2009
bsfc9

Post by bsfc9 »

Sad news indeed, I'm so sorry to hear this.
mach9
Pro
Pro

Post by mach9 »

Godspeed. This board and all of motorsports has lost a valuable friend. Thanks for for all you shared Ed.
Mack Johnson
'86 Mustang Footbraker
Pump gas 347
6.435 @ 104
BigMoose

Post by BigMoose »

My family and I were indeed blessed when we communicated with Ed. He was quite an individual as has been said above! The Good Lord has seen fit to call Ed home, and he will be sincerely missed by those of us here.

May God bless Ed's family at this time, and comfort them. Know that Ed was quite a man; a man who said what was right, did what was right and believed in what was right.

We miss you Ed! Thanks for your inspiration, I am sorry I did not make the trip to Texas to visit him...

Dave, Barb, Sarah and Rachel
"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."
Moostifer

Post by Moostifer »

at a loss for words... prayers to family and friends
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

The man fought it to the end with some style. Go Ed!
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Procision-Auto
Guru
Guru

Post by Procision-Auto »

I knew he wasn't doing well, but never thought it was this serious.

This is terrible. Rest in peace Ed. We're going to miss him around here
and helping the admin team. He was such a great helper and so kind with
his words.
bunner engines

Post by bunner engines »

i dont know what to say other than im sorry this happened . i remember alot of ed's post on here and even when he got sick and couldnt talk , he would still post stuff to try and help peaple .

most peaple just rome through life with nothing to contribute but ed was'nt like that . you did a good job ed ! we all will remember that !!!!!

his family even in this time of sorrow can find confort in just knowing what kind of man he was .

r.i.p
it always cost less to do it right the first time!
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

WOW, I thought he was getting the best of the Cancer he had.. I am bummed as Ed was a great person.

If it means anything to anyone.... If you have bumps or swollen glands, get them checked and re-checked so you don't succumb to a lethal form of Cancer.
Ed let it go way too long! Trying to get that 632 right friggin killed him.
And he wouldn't go see a doctor!!
I lost A very important part of my life Monday because of the refusal to take the meds that will help the high blood pressure that is apparent in our family.

I wish his family the best!

I also hope the owner of that engine feels better that he never let ED finish the Damn thing. :evil:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
rskrause
Expert
Expert

Post by rskrause »

How sad, RIP Ed.

Richard
nitro2
Vendor

Post by nitro2 »

I didn't know Ed too well, just a couple PMs and of course the large contribution he made to Speedtalk. His personal battle was remarkable and I followed that aspect of his life closely, as did many others. We all hoped to see him back up and running, but it was not to be I guess. He did hang in there for a year or so when the doctors initially gave him weeks, and was cancer free at the end. RIP Ed.

Its unfortunate that some of the posts he made in the last year, relative to his condition, were deleted in the massive delete of the General Discussion threads recently. Perhaps they can be retrieved and re-instated.
prostreetL-78
Pro
Pro

Post by prostreetL-78 »

I met Ed on YB. He reached out to help me with my engine combination, designed pistons for me, etc. He was incredibly helpful and I really enjoyed our conversations, which were more often personal than technical.

A little over a year ago, just before he went into the hospital for cancer treatments, my daughter and I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with Ed at his shop on a trip to Dallas.
We were able to help with some preparations for Ed to go to the hospital and spend a nice time of prayer together.

I will miss him greatly, but know that as scripture says: To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Ed`s close relationship with Jesus is finally fulfilled and his personal testimony stands for itself.

Godspeed my brother,
Brent
Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

I too had thought he was on the road to recovery. Very sad news indeed. Prayers to his family.