Car stuff around LA ?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

SBC-68-FIREBIRD
Car stuff around LA ?

Post by SBC-68-FIREBIRD »

Hey Guys,

Just got home from my Dads place & one of his mates was there with his son. He is 14, is 5'8 tall & weighs only 40kgs ( 88lbs ). He has a disease called Crones Disease. Anyway he is a mad car nut, all he talks about & anybody who has a car he likes he cons a ride out of them so he got a cruise in my car today & a few days ago some dude picked him up from school in a Porsche. He has just been granted through the Make-a-wish foundation a 10 day trip from here in Sydney to LA to go to the Hot Wheels factory & any other car stuff they can squeeze in. Thought some of you may know of some cool car stuff to do around LA in September ?

I thought about the NHRA museum. Any other ideas I can pass onto them would be appreciated ?

Thanks Guys
Scott
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

There is the Peterson automotive museum, as well as Justice Bros museum, also right near my house there is a car show every Sat that has 250-300 hot rods of every type you can imagine. There are several automotive related shops that would be willing to show him around. I have a piston manufactor that would show him what it takes to make a racing piston from raw forging to finished product.
I also have friends at Original Parts Group that could give him a VIP tour, if you haven't heard of them, they make restoration parts for Chevelles etc., they would probably get him in at Classic Industries as well. There are also nationally know hot rod builders here that would show him around, (Foose & California Street Rods).
I have friends that build high-end off shore power boats, those thing are way cool, some are multi-million dollars boats.
Shoot me a pm if I can help you!
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Cruise PCH(Pacific Coast Hwy) in the day, and Hollywood at night.

See about getting a tour of Edelbrock.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump »

Just read in the current issue of Hot Rod that the van Nuys cruise nites are back on the second Wednesday of each month. Getting someone over there with a rod and doing the cruise nite would have to be a blast for the kid.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."
SBC-68-FIREBIRD
Post by SBC-68-FIREBIRD »

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated !