Chinese look a like Little-M block

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Airhog
Post by Airhog »

Thanks Carl. Don't let that guard down, always glad to here your input.
FPV_GTp

Post by FPV_GTp »

Very interesting read , but ProComp parts are all chiness made????

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/302-351-383-GT-F ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PC6003-PROCO ... 286.c0.m14

Ebay market has flooded the racing aftermarket world with cheaper inferior components.

cheers
F/S - CAST IRON FILLER WELDING RODS 5mm X 700mm Ship Australia & New Zealand wide.
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54136&p=758284#p758284
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

FPV_GTp wrote:Ebay market has flooded the racing aftermarket world with cheaper inferior components.

cheers
Ebay is only a place to sell you're crap.

Blaming them for the chineeseee shyt that shows up is like blaming the local paper classifieds. :lol: :lol:

It is up to the buyer to beware.

Yep I have bought and sold and have been hosed 4 times in 600+ transactions. 3 of them made good.. The other 1 got turned in to the police for harassment to my wife and got hosed himself. :lol:

I don't work there but you have to be cautious.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
FPV_GTp

Post by FPV_GTp »

af2 wrote:Ebay is only a place to sell you're crap.

Blaming them for the chineeseee shyt that shows up is like blaming the local paper classifieds. :lol: :lol:

It is up to the buyer to beware.

Yep I have bought and sold and have been hosed 4 times in 600+ transactions. 3 of them made good.. The other 1 got turned in to the police for harassment to my wife and got hosed himself. :lol:

I don't work there but you have to be cautious.
LOL , ok I never said I was blaming ebay for the chinese crap that is out there.

Example from my prospective .

I had a customer with a vehicle at my place a FORD XE Falcon 351 cleveland which need a distributor.

In AUstralia we have early and late model blocks which one accepts a 0.5 inch distributor shaft diameter and a metric one which is 13mm shaft diameter.

I quoted the customer $500 for a genuine New Bosch electronics distributor which is the original equipment unit that Ford motor company used when the vehicle was manufactured, he fell backwards because of the price just for the distributor.

What he did then is do a web search and wouldn't you guess he bought a brand new distributer shipped to his door step for $150. Upon explaining to him the two different shaft diameters , which i had to literally show him also , the shaft diameter measure 12.75mm on the unit he bought of ebay a ProComp product LOL was way out of spec and it was a copy of a bosch unit but without the bosch logo and part numbers.

All I'm saying there is a lot of junk manufactured in china that's all.

ProComp push there own products cause a lot of reputable speed shop don't want to have anything to do with their line of products and ebay seems to be doing the tricks for unsuspected customers buying things that really are crap. The distributor was one example can give you more .

All the customer knew , I was ripping him of at $500 for the original Bosch unit which my mark-up was only 20% of my purchasing price LOL never mind makes a good read and a laugh.

Cheers
F/S - CAST IRON FILLER WELDING RODS 5mm X 700mm Ship Australia & New Zealand wide.
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54136&p=758284#p758284
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

FPV_GTp wrote:ProComp push there own products cause a lot of reputable speed shop don't want to have anything to do with their line of products and ebay seems to be doing the tricks for unsuspected customers buying things that really are crap....
Also shows the marketing value of a "good" sounding name. :idea:

ProComp SOUNDS fast, so it has to be good. Right ? :roll: :wink:
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.