Ethics ?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

robert1
Guru
Guru

Post by robert1 »

I probably will contact the manufacurer. I do realize as well as anyone that there is no warranty on racing parts. However I have now had 3 of these fail and my intention was to warn others so they might not fall down this path. As I noted the manufacturer of the rocker arms did the right thing and replaced them. As far as me and my buddies in the garage, I noted earlier that I manuacturered rods for raw blanks to finished product for a year. This included every aspect of making the rod from cutting the cap, drilling and tapping the bolt holes, tanging, bushing, and finish sizing. While this may not qualify me as an expert it does give me a far better back ground than most on the subject. I have been building engines for the last 35 years with 19 of those full time. For the last 15 years I have been making either orthopedic implants or aircraft parts and tools again giving me a pretty good background in metal working and fatigue.
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

Yeah, I kinda didn't like that garage busines myself after i re-read it. need a job?
DCal
RW TECH
Guru
Guru

Post by RW TECH »

DCal wrote:Yeah, I kinda didn't like that garage busines myself after i re-read it. need a job?
DCal
Are you accepting resumes? :)
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

We're actually getting ready to move Carrillo into the CP pistons building.
I guess that will streamline things a little, so, no, not at this time.
DCal
robert1
Guru
Guru

Post by robert1 »

DCal wrote:Yeah, I kinda didn't like that garage busines myself after i re-read it. need a job?
DCal
I understand where you were coming from. Not trying to be a smart a__ here either. And yes over the years I've seen Carrillos, Crowers, and others break in the same manner. But when you have 3 from as small of a customer base as I have something is wrong. At the same time I didn't want to bash someone's company. But, if you're going to sell a product it needs to be what the customer expects. These are not cheap imports. I really don't want to be a companies R&D department.