Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Re: Official 2014 EMC Thread

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

If that's all that's holding them up than they needed to listen better at the contest. Maybe four guys are there for the money the rest of us want to do the best we can. If we win and only won a dollar most wouldn't care because they want the win not the money.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

If they are looking for money I can almost guarantee it is to go for the staff and marketing of the magazine and not towards the purse.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

I just checked my lottery tickets. Sorry fellas........I am not able to be a sponsor at this time. :(
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

900HP wrote:
Walter R. Malik wrote:
JonKaase wrote:One more day closer to the running of the Engine Masters, with no way to get ready for it. This is Bullshit. When the rules come out there will probably be an entry period and a release of names accepted for each class. So if that takes a month, there's more time lost. And you can't just assume you're in with only 6 per class. I think at this point they should announce the rules Sept 1st, and we just find whatever we can to throw together. No new parts allowed!
I will make a bet that they still want your sponsor money, Jon. :-k
My guess is that's the biggest issue, trying to find enough sponsors and $$$ for 5 classes. It's got to be hard to find a company willing to pay out 3 positions in 5 classes or whatever their plans are :-?
Probably a pipe dream to try and find a viable source to GIVE you brand new LS and MOD motor short blocks for on-site building.

As Jon said, it is already getting into MARCH and if the rules came out tomorrow, (just wishful thinking), it would be into MAY before a finished acceptance list could be formed.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

Walter R. Malik wrote: As Jon said, it is already getting into MARCH and if the rules came out tomorrow,
(just wishful thinking), it would be into MAY before a finished acceptance list could be formed.

How long did that part of the process usually take ?
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Per 2014
Not as late as it seems.
We're just used to seeing the rules by now...

This Engine Builder Application will be reviewed and used to determine your eligibility to participate in the 2014 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge. Applications will be accepted by mail and must be postmarked no later than February 18, 2014. Applications will also be accepted by email to questions@enginemasters.com with scanned signature and must be received no later than February 18, 2014. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIATM will select the competitors no later than March 4, 2014. Selection of the participating engine builders will be at the sole discretion of SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIATM. Applicant agrees to adhere to Event Rules and will be required to sign an acceptance of Event Rules. Competitors will be notified of their selection into the Competition. Thank you.
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Barry_R wrote:Per 2014
Not as late as it seems.
We're just used to seeing the rules by now...

This Engine Builder Application will be reviewed and used to determine your eligibility to participate in the 2014 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge. Applications will be accepted by mail and must be postmarked no later than February 18, 2014. Applications will also be accepted by email to questions@enginemasters.com with scanned signature and must be received no later than February 18, 2014. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIATM will select the competitors no later than March 4, 2014. Selection of the participating engine builders will be at the sole discretion of SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIATM. Applicant agrees to adhere to Event Rules and will be required to sign an acceptance of Event Rules. Competitors will be notified of their selection into the Competition. Thank you.
Previously that gave a potential entrant about 10 weeks to make up their mind whether or not it would be feasible for them to build a contesting engine under the rules presented and then send in his entrance form. :wink:
I would expect there to be at least half that amount of time now but, with their arrogance, they now could give only 10 or so DAYS for someone to send in an entry with expectations they would fill all 5 classes in that short amount of time.

That would be of course presuming the entire rules package comes out tomorrow. :lol:
JonKaase
Pro
Pro

Post by JonKaase »

Another day behind...
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

You make me laugh Jon. Most of us don't get on the Dyno for a couple of months. However we usually have to wait forever to get parts. I think I am going to pull the plug and focus on the race car and go to pri this year unless they come out with a set of rules where I can use something I already have. Since 2007 I have given up so much for the emc. I enjoyed every stressful minute but my family didn't. I met some good people and made some friends and learned a lot. So if it is all over I am ok but I will find a new way to grow my knowledge because doing nothing is not an option.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

Joe and I are currently making plans to attend PRI as well Eric. Haven't been to PRI since 2008 in Orlando-should be fun. J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

WeingartnerRacing wrote:You make me laugh Jon. Most of us don't get on the Dyno for a couple of months. However we usually have to wait forever to get parts. I think I am going to pull the plug and focus on the race car and go to pri this year unless they come out with a set of rules where I can use something I already have. Since 2007 I have given up so much for the emc. I enjoyed every stressful minute but my family didn't. I met some good people and made some friends and learned a lot. So if it is all over I am ok but I will find a new way to grow my knowledge because doing nothing is not an option.
I have already made the conscious decision , that if accepted, to not invest any appreciable time to build a new engine and I will simply transform something I already have with a few different parts to meet whatever rules.
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

Update ?
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

dfree383 wrote: Update ?
Those running the contest have given the public exactly ZERO updates since early December so, I definitely would not expect them to try to somewhat enlighten anyone about what is happening with their plans.

Their thinking seems to be, it is their contest and they just don't give a rats a$$ as to who else may be inconvenienced and who would like to be informed or what anyone else thinks about it, at this point.

If they think differently ... they certainly have NOT presented it in any way.

They will however, expect you to bend over backwards to appease them; when that time comes.
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

Their Engine Masters Facebook page has not been updated since Feb 13th.
https://www.facebook.com/HotRodEngineMasters

Based on the success of previous competitions, they now have people standing around,
waiting to spend the own time, money, and expertise, to provide material for their magazine(s).

If they were a week behind on the rules, no problem.
1 month behind on the rules, whatever.
2 two months behind, that is a problem.
3 months behind is crazy. [-X

The decision to make 5 classes was made much too late,
with insufficient preparation ahead of time.

And those that used to run the EMC deal, got the boot when they dumped Popular Hot Rodding.
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
jim_ss409

Post by jim_ss409 »

This is really starting to get silly. It's the middle of March already and still nothing.