CHASIS ADJUSTMENTS

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

RU2BUSY4JESUS@AOL.COM

CHASIS ADJUSTMENTS

Post by RU2BUSY4JESUS@AOL.COM »

THIS IS THOMAS MILLER FROM MICHIGAN. I HAVE A 78 MONTE CARLO METRIC CAR ON BLOCKS AS FOLLOWS: LF 6" RF 7" LR 7" RR 8" ADJUSTED SPRINGS TO SET RIDE HEIGHT. IS IT NORMAL FOR THIS CAR TO SIT LOPSIDED RACE READY? I'M RUNNING 2" STAGGER ON REAR AND 1" ON FRONT. I RACE ON 1/4 MILE SEMI-BANKED ASHPHALT. THANKS THOMAS
MikeLeone
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Absolutely!

Post by MikeLeone »

The car should definately be sitting lopsided to the left. A little without the drive, more with thewm in the car. The idea is that when you go into the corner the car will roll over onto the right side, making the car more level. Sitting in the garage you never want the right side lower, I don't even like it to be close.

As far as the front/rear ride heights go, you'll get different opinions here. I believe that the rear end should be higher then the front, at least an inch higher. It is easy to think that lowering the rear will put more weight tothe rear tires, giving you more traction off the corner, but it doesn't work that way. It more about the angles of the control arms, that gives you bite.