2000 mazda B3000 ECU problem

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

K.P.

2000 mazda B3000 ECU problem

Post by K.P. »

I have a friend with this 2000 Mazda B3000 that has a serious PATS problem. He has put several different ECU's in it for various problems the latest for the noid staying on constantly. All the ECU's have come out of Rangers equipped with the PATS system and believe this Mazda is equipped with it also because of flashing theft light, code P1260 in the PCM and codes B2139 & U1147 in the PATS system. A qualified locksmith has programmed the keys to the PCM and the theft light is still flashing rapidly and I am not getting a injector pulse though there is current getting to the injector connector. The PCM has been programmed to the vehicle from the last PCM that would let it run previously.
My question is can this PATS system be eliminated from the PCM entirely so that I can get or diagnose a injector pulse. I think that the cam sensor sends a signal to the PCM which in turn triggers the driver to the injector(s) but can't do anything with this theft system in the way except scope the cam sensor which seems to be OK.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
K.P.
peejay
Guru
Guru
Re: 2000 mazda B3000 ECU problem

Post by peejay »

The computer grounds the injector at the appropriate time when it sees a crank signal. Cam signal is only so it knows which cylinder is firing for sequential injection and misfire detection purposes. At any rate if you have a good cam signal then you can ignore that as a problem.

If you have a scantool and see an RPM signal then you can ignore the crank sensor as a problem.

If you have an antitheft issue you CAN'T ignore that as a problem! They keys have NOT been programmed correctly.

Did the truck ever have a remote start fitted? A lot of times the quick and dirty way to get the truck to start without the key present was to hide a key in the dashboard. Makes it hell to program new keys if you don't know about it.
K.P.

Re: 2000 mazda B3000 ECU problem

Post by K.P. »

Thank you for the reply Peejay,
The locksmith came out again today (different guy) and he attempted to program the keys again resulting in 4 keys being programmed to the system. he throws his hands up in the air and says I don't know what's wrong with it. Says he tried the erase routine and it didn't work. Would it be best to try a reman PCM? The locksmith guy said that all you have to do is install PCM and use each key to turn it on and off the the reman PCM will recognize the keys and it should be done.
If I have to have the info downloaded from the old PCM to the reman seems to me that it would just download bad information and I would be in the same boat as I am in now!
Alldata has a pinout diagnostic table for the B2139 and the U1147 that in the Pats system. which boils down to replacing the pats module and that doesn't fix it replace the PCM,
It also says that the PATS module is behind the glove compartment airbag and it's not there. After pulling out the radio and center dash it's back there. Why? Because it's a Mazda and not a Ranger?
Honestly I'm getting a bit tired of working on this POS!
Any suggestions would be appeciated.
Thanks,
K.P.