Ball joint specifications

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Olefud
Pro
Pro

Re: Ball joint specifications

Post by Olefud »

Might look here. Their premium line are good quality.

https://www.ingallseng.com/ball-joints/
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Ball joint specifications

Post by pdq67 »

I think Speedway may list two tapered reamers for ball-joints. Probably for Chevys though?

As for screw-in type base like I want to say Mopar, just go to a good friendly parts place and ask the counter person if you can measure several of them.

I did this when I put my "pdqCBB" 4-wheel disc brake setup on my car to find what I could make fit in the way of rotors. Handled at least 6 of them that the store was good enough to bring in for me to check.....

Now back to your deal. You may have to install steel plugs in your arms or whatever and then drill and ream for stud taper to what is available that suits your application. No biggie, but it is a small hassle. Same with the base of whatever ball joint you think will work for you.

Sorry, not of much help here and I can't even find out who makes the taller studs in the tall ball-joints now, much less stock, 1967 Camaro front roll center measurements.. They make a 0.9" tall stud, and I would like to have a 1.25" tall one is all, depending on what my front roll center turns out to be going from stock to modified.

pdq67