goodyear front runner tires

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

chevy art
Pro
Pro
goodyear front runner tires

Post by chevy art »

bought a set in summer of 2012. and they started showing cracking within a year. didnt use car for a year and in fall of 2014 the track told me not to come back nexy year with those tires; jegs dont want to know nothing, and goodyear engineer-rep says it is common and not dangerous, and that all NHRA tracks that have nationaLl events know this is ok and lets racers race with these tires. i think someone is blowing smoke up my you know what.trying to get my track safety officer tocontact goodyear and see if he gets same story, and where it leaves me. any input. any advice. thanks art
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: goodyear front runner tires

Post by cgarb »

I had one set of goodyear front runners, good tires but they weren't on the car long. My fault, I cut one on the tread by making the turn at the bottom a little to spirited and it rubbed a piece of sheet metal that is no longer there. Still held air and I rolled the dice for the rest of the year. I replaced them with a set of Moroso DS2's. Awesome front runners they last for a long time. No cracks on my old ones and I got around 6 seasons out of them. A friend took off a set of goodyear front runners for the same problem. They were brand new on a car that never got finished. Sat in a garage for 5 years and they never made a pass. He trashed them and bought a new set.
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Re: goodyear front runner tires

Post by Alaskaracer »

I bought a set to replace the worn out hoosiers on my dragster....dry rot within a year....pissed me off for a $300 set of tires, the hoosiers were 6 years old and not a crack in the tire to be found...ran them this year with no issues but they won't see another season on my car....and I won't buy them again.
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer