Moderator: Team

Kenova
Pro
Pro

Re: I would like to ask a unibody engineer some questions

Post by Kenova » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 pm

mk e wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:34 pm

....I sketched up a version for a 33 Ford to use the Lincoln V12 I have sitting in the basement so anything can be done, it just takes time :(
Never mind that Prancing Pony, a '33 Ford with an old Lincoln V12 would be coolness beyond measure. :notworthy:

Ken
Over the hill but still learning!
Retaining it is the hard part.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am

Kenova wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 pm
mk e wrote:

....I sketched up a version for a 33 Ford to use the Lincoln V12 I have sitting in the basement so anything can be done, it just takes time :(
Never mind that Prancing Pony, a '33 Ford with an old Lincoln V12 would be coolness beyond measure. :notworthy:

Ken
LOL....I was thinking the same thing :)

I bought the engine thinking I'm going to build a mahgony waterski boat but I keep thinking about a hotrod....if I ever finish the stupid ferrari...
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:35 am

mk e wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am
Kenova wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 pm
mk e wrote:

Ken
LOL....I was thinking the same thing :)

I bought the engine thinking I'm going to build a mahgony waterski boat but I keep thinking about a hotrod....if I ever finish the stupid ferrari...
Now you've got me pricing bodies and thinking about if doors are actually require if it's sectioned and has running boards........i'm thinking full fender roadster exposed carbon-fiber body, drysump the v12 so it sits stupid low, spaceframe much like the formula car I posted(which is why I don't want doors), transaxle in back for weight balance, keep it under 1200lb so the 300jp or so I can pull from the old 12 is plenty........hmmmmmmmmmmmm......i need to finish my garage.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer