Air suspension torque

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Drip

Air suspension torque

Post by Drip »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if a trucks power and torque would be affected by an airbag setup? I am putting together a 500+ hp motor then might add a 200+ shot of nos in a dakota. I want it for both street and show. Does anyone know how the airbags (if at all) would affect my launch and the troque of the engine? Would it be just a matter of setting the right pinion angle and air pressure? What bags would be best? WOuld a high psi system be better to handle the strain? Like slam bags (would the wider bags be better)? GC extreme valves? Thanks alot I was just wondering if airbags would give a disadvantage at all compared to a "stock" setup? Also I will be putting in shocks, 4 link
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

Well, from a drag racing perspective you've got to pre-load the differential in an effort to offset the housings desire to rotate, and air bags are one way to do that. I've used them and they work good if you have no other method of applying pre-load.

Will they survive in your application? On the street, yes. Offroad, I have no idea.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin