Intake Runners!!! HELP!!!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

I might be crazy...

but, if it was mine...it would have vortec bowtie 215 written all over it! with proper valve job and prep you would have one hauling, towing and fast SOB! Even with short cam low compression motors these things make serious torque and HP with the simple prep I have been doing to them...

Should be used with the illusive (read cannot get) -41 motown vortec intake.

you are 18...learn a REAL lesson now! FORGET about volume...LEARN about AREA!!!

Stop listening to everyone else and think for yourself. It will be the best choice you have ever made.

Dennis
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

I'm running the Dart Pro One 200cc heads on my 355 Chevy. No problems. Running 10.75:1 compression and 91 octane gasoline.

We have a 3rd gen Camaro/Firebird club and when the upgrades are made almost everyone has gone to a 195/200cc head. The Trickflow 195s were very popular and now the AFR 195 Eliminators are popular on the engines now being built. I'm the only one running the Darts and also making the most HP so far. :D More cars comming on line this year.

By the way there is no problem roasting the tires and in fact we would like to kill off some of the low end torque. :wink:
chevyman18
Post by chevyman18 »

i am on a budget for the build, or i would consider doin the vortec top end and getting the heads redone. this is only my first build, so i dont wanna get too crazy. that's why i was goin for cheap, but good quality/performance out of it. i have the total down to about 2500 for everything brand new. my 2nd motor build, i will save up more for, maybe redo my upcoming 350 into a 383 with some AFR's. i just need a motor fast for my nova, and this is the best/cheapest way to do it!!
Troy Patterson
Guru
Guru
Intake Runners!!! HELP!!!

Post by Troy Patterson »

chevyman18 wrote:that is true. i just need to chose between dart I.E. plats 200cc 64cc, eddy performer rpm 170cc 64cc, or brodix ik180 180cc 64cc. anyone running an of these heads?
Can't offer you a comparison between those two heads, but for what it's worth:

I've two customers with nearly identical cars and engines. One runs a tight lash solid flat tappet with Vic Jr.s and an almost dead stock idle with excellent drivability characteristics and the other with a tight lca, more duration and Edelbrock rpms with a choppy idle, less power overall.

Troy Patterson TMPCarbs.net TMP Carbs
Last edited by Troy Patterson on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH
Pro
Pro

Post by BH »

I think for symplicity purposes port volume is used. Trying to get a CSA out of a head company is so annoying. I don't dissagree with what Dennis is saying but for some of us we know what port volumes work and what companys work best.