reher morrison profiler manifold.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

phoenix
Pro
Pro

reher morrison profiler manifold.

Post by phoenix »

Darin, I was wondering if you could explain what went into designing this manifold? What were the limitations of existing manifolds that warrented a new design? Also can this fit the Dart Big Chief oval port heads? Looks like a great piece!
phoenix
Pro
Pro

Post by phoenix »

Anyone?
Darin Morgan
Show Guest
Show Guest

Re: reher morrison profiler manifold.

Post by Darin Morgan »

phoenix wrote:Darin, I was wondering if you could explain what went into designing this manifold? What were the limitations of existing manifolds that warrented a new design? Also can this fit the Dart Big Chief oval port heads? Looks like a great piece!
That manifold is the culmination of over a year and half of Prototype dyno and track R&D. It took another year to get the core boxes perfect in order to cast the manifold properly instead of designing a manifold that is easy to cast! All the other manifolds on the market used to take about 40+ hours of porting labor to extract every last bit of power from them. It was time consuming and VERY expensive. All I did was take everything that was wrong and make it right. You don't have to touch these things with a grinder except to port match them a little and you can make 40 to 50 more hp than any other manifold and spend 65% less doing it! More power for less money. That's what we all want isn't it? The larger engines ( 600+cid) will easily make 55 to 60 more horsepower over ANY other manifold on the market today. That's not just our testing, that's other racers and engine builders talking. I designed this thing because the cylinder head technology has been slowly out pacing the manifolds for over a decade now. You don't want to use this manifold on a set of heads that are big, slow and don't flow any air. Its designed to accent some of the current high velocity, high efficiency head designs like the Dart 11degree, Raptor 12 degree, Profiler 12 degree as well as the Dart Ccore oval port14 degree heads. The manifold will also go on 18 and 14 degree square port heads with very little effort but you will not see the BIG power gains on this type of head like you would on the Raptor heads.. It does not work with the majority of the Brodix heads. It will fit there new 12 degree head but that's about it. I am very proud of this thing because after more than two years of effort, it came out better than we ever expected. I have told many people that if it doesn't make more power and run faster on the track, I will give you your money back! What other manifold manufacture will give that guarantee???? So far I have not had one come back. There is a lllllooooooonnnnggggg waiting list to get one right now becuase we cant cast them fast enouph.
Last edited by Darin Morgan on Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darin Morgan
-Induction Research and Development
-EFI Calibration and Tuning
Reher Morrison Racing Engines
1120 Enterprise Place
Arlington Texas 76001
Phone 817-467-7171
Cell 682-559-0321
http://www.rehermorrison.com
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

How much are these intakes? Any special prices for engine builders/SpeedTalk members?
:-) 8)
thanks,
Bruce
Function - the hidden math.
http://www.pontiacengines.com
Darin Morgan
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by Darin Morgan »

ClassKing wrote:How much are these intakes? Any special prices for engine builders/SpeedTalk members?
thanks,
Bruce
The cost on the manifold is $890.00. I don't have any room to work on the pricing. We wont even recoup our R&D funds from this project for at least a year or two. There is quite a waiting list right now so if you want one it takes a little over a month. Some people have said that the price is a little high but they forget one thing. You take someone else's manifold that cost $600.00 then you have to invest another $600.00 to $1000.00+ in order to extract more power from it.. Even if you do all that and end up spending $1600.00 on another manifold, it still wont make as much power as this one.
Darin Morgan
-Induction Research and Development
-EFI Calibration and Tuning
Reher Morrison Racing Engines
1120 Enterprise Place
Arlington Texas 76001
Phone 817-467-7171
Cell 682-559-0321
http://www.rehermorrison.com
OldSStroker
Guru
Guru

Post by OldSStroker »

Darin Morgan wrote:
ClassKing wrote:How much are these intakes? Any special prices for engine builders/SpeedTalk members?
thanks,
Bruce
The cost on the manifold is $890.00. I don't have any room to work on the pricing. We wont even recoup our R&D funds from this project for at least a year or two. There is quite a waiting list right now so if you want one it takes a little over a month. Some people have said that the price is a little high but they forget one thing. You take someone else's manifold that cost $600.00 then you have to invest another $600.00 to $1000.00+ in order to extract more power from it.. Even if you do all that and end up spending $1600.00 on another manifold, it still wont make as much power as this one.
$890.00 sounds like a BIG bargain to me. I would have expected at least twice that before I read your price post.

Good luck with it. I hope you sell a truckload of 'em.
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

I understand. Is there a picture of it at A R&M's site?
Thank you.
Function - the hidden math.
http://www.pontiacengines.com
Scott Smith
Pro
Pro

Post by Scott Smith »

Front page I believe
http://www.rehermorrison.com/