440 mopar rpm heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

k-star
Guru
Guru

440 mopar rpm heads

Post by k-star »

Can anybody tell me if i can get the chambers in the 440 edelbrock rpm heads down to 72 cc's with out any issues. They are 84cc's now. I am thinking i need to remove about .080 to get them down to 72. That is just a guess because i have never graphed out those heads to get a correct figure..

Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
la360
Expert
Expert

Post by la360 »

Ask this question on www.moparts.com or you could try PMing a member here PRH (Dwayne Porter)
Either way, you'll get an answer
AL...
tk
Show Guest
Show Guest

Re: 440 mopar rpm heads

Post by tk »

k-star wrote:Can anybody tell me if i can get the chambers in the 440 edelbrock rpm heads down to 72 cc's with out any issues. They are 84cc's now. I am thinking i need to remove about .080 to get them down to 72. That is just a guess because i have never graphed out those heads to get a correct figure..

Keith
Every .005" = 1 cc
Tom K.
www.tkrace.com
tkracehead@hotmail.com

I love motorsports because all other sports require only 1 ball!

Cheap...Powerful....Reliable...Choose only 2 of the 3
k-star
Guru
Guru

Post by k-star »

Thanks for the info guys......

La360 i did post on the moparts site and got a few answers. They have some reference articles in there tech section that helped....

thanks again, Keith
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson