Total Seal has been sold

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Total Seal has been sold

Post by engineguyBill »

The Moriarty family has sold Total Seal Piston Ring, Inc to Matt Hartford (current president of Total Seal and NHRA Pro Stock driver) and Promus Equity Partners. Matt has stated that there will be no changes in the operation of the company and they will continue to develop new products, thereby keeping them at the forefront of the piston ring manufacturing business.
Bill

Perfect Circle Doctor of Motors certification
SAE Member (30 years)
ASE Master Certified Engine Machinist (+ two otherASE Master Certifications)
AERA Certified Professional Engine Machinist
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Total Seal has been sold

Post by GARY C »

Is this a Gapless or Conventional Sell? Sorry I had to do it.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

FWIW, I had sent Keith Jones an e-mail asking about custom ring groove spacers. On the day this change was being announced, Keith took the time to work up a quote for our piddly little deal and get it right out to me. That's a professional and the industry is fortunate to have him. All the best!
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

Wow! Didn't know Matt Hartford was a US Navy veteran. The guy was a Nuclear Engineer. I don't think I've ever heard that mentioned before. Even during races, they, always talk about Jack Beckman being a veteran but I don't know if I've ever heard Matt's name mentioned.