Pushrod length with stamped rockers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BOOT
Guru
Guru

Pushrod length with stamped rockers

Post by BOOT »

Ok I am aware of the various methods to check pushrod length with roller tips but there doesn't seem to be much info online bout stamped stock type rockers. I am also aware that the older stamped rockers were not consistent in ratio and supposedly the newer vortec self aligning style are better. I am also aware that with stock style rockers the pushrod length can effect their ratio.

Dial indicator? That plastic tool thingy?

This is a mild street build so I can just eyeball with my adjustable pushrod or use close to stock length(I have various lengths available) but I wanted to see what others suggest. Reliability is more important than the max lift if it makes them too aggressive.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Pushrod length with stamped rockers

Post by Walter R. Malik »

BOOT wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm Ok I am aware of the various methods to check pushrod length with roller tips but there doesn't seem to be much info online bout stamped stock type rockers. I am also aware that the older stamped rockers were not consistent in ratio and supposedly the newer vortec self aligning style are better. I am also aware that with stock style rockers the pushrod length can effect their ratio.

Dial indicator? That plastic tool thingy?

This is a mild street build so I can just eyeball with my adjustable pushrod or use close to stock length(I have various lengths available) but I wanted to see what others suggest. Reliability is more important than the max lift if it makes them too aggressive.
That is probably because those rocker arms don't have a roller tip and the preferred geometry at the valve tip is completely different.

The pattern can get really wide because you want the least amount of side load scrubbing as possible. The end of the rocker needs to kind-of roll across the valve tip and back, during a lift cycle.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Re: Pushrod length with stamped rockers

Post by racear2865 »

PM me and Ill show u how.
reed