Desk Top Dyno 5 vs. real DynoJet test.......

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

427dart
Expert
Expert
Desk Top Dyno 5 vs. real DynoJet test.......

Post by 427dart »

Happened to find the Desk Top Dyno run of my 2010 427 Windsor build and compared the results to my DynoJet test of last year.
Note the DTD has the Wheel Horsepower and Torque calculations which are very close to the actual DynoJet readings!

Now the intake manifold I entered on the DTD program was a high flow single plane intake using 900 CFM carb which is what I built the engine with.
The DynoJet run was using my ported PME dual plane dual Holley manifold running a pair of 650 CFM carbs.

Even so it is very interesting how close the actual run was to the DTD run.

If you can...try and pick out a HP or Torque number from Dynojet graph and compare.
rebelrouser
Guru
Guru
Re: Desk Top Dyno 5 vs. real DynoJet test.......

Post by rebelrouser »

I use performance trends engine software, and if you take the time to input good numbers on head flow, runner lengths, and calculate the real compression ratio, etc. I have had very similar results. The performance trends program calculates an advance curve, cranking compression, idle vacuum as well, and these predict very close as well.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Agree, as long as one is using the SBC/SBF norms, where intake and exhaust manifold flow is a known, the results predicted are pretty darn close. We guys with obsolete engines have more variation.

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

I did enter the actual cylinder head flow numbers from .200 thru .600 valve lift but the intake manifold selection is a bit general on that program.