DV - need intern to help out wih project backlog.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Re: DV - need intern to help out wih project backlog.

Post by David Vizard »

Charlie,

Just when I thought your dimpled finish just could not get better you come up with this!!! Great work.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

That is actually the 65 289 heads with the 1.85" valves I did for the dyno competition. About 244 cfm.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

Well guys got the new username, heads are looking great hope to put up some pictures soon pending DV's approval.
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

Finished chambers, going to tackle the ports next. Pictures on the way with flow results shortly after.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

The Iron Icon wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:07 pm Finished chambers, going to tackle the ports next. Pictures on the way with flow results shortly after.
Don't sign your ports with a cock-n-balls pic, that's already been taken :D
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

0510172035_HDR_2.jpg
RevTheory wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:31 pm
The Iron Icon wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:07 pm Finished chambers, going to tackle the ports next. Pictures on the way with flow results shortly after.
Don't sign your ports with a cock-n-balls pic, that's already been taken :D
Not sure what you mean Rev?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
631-816-4911
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

IMG_0659 (2).JPG
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

I am posting this on DV's thread. Look for my post under my name on a thread about the 289 heads.

So I am 3 weeks into my internship at DV's performance school. So have I learned anything worthwhile?

Well judge for yourself from just a few of the following examples.

I have learned how to get a good deshrouding job done without recourse to dozens of flow tests(see pic below of my first modified 289 chambers) This and other chamber design aspects that contribute to output. Valve prep - never realized there was so much to it. Why port energy is a good performance indicator. Tool usage and grinding techniques. Plus a lot of other stuff such as how to use a 0.007 (7 thousandths) top ring gap for a super seal in a 4 inch bore

My 'other jobs' included helping lay the concrete floor and walling in the new 200 sqr ft extension for two more of the 'super clean to use' DV grinding benches. That and along with keeping things tidy. So is it worth my while doing all the 'other' work for the education and experience I am getting - 'you betcha"

Phil
AKA Iron Icon.
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

Phil, in the shop DV has a grey toolbox with a Goodson sticker on it. Inside is some Sioux tooling for valve jobs. There will be an 11/32" tapered pilot you can use to measure the chamber mods from the valve guide. The chambers look good but very different shape. That means they will have different flow, swirl, and compression. Thanks, Charlie
631-816-4911
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

0416181830a.jpg
Same idea but on chamber.
631-816-4911
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Charlie,

Phil still needs to acquire some porting dexterity. For a rank beginner though he's coming along. Tonight he is roughing out the bowls and ports of one cylinder so some flow figs may be forthcoming soon.
DV
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

David Vizard wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:17 pm Charlie,

Phil still needs to acquire some porting dexterity. For a rank beginner though he's coming along. Tonight he is roughing out the bowls and ports of one cylinder so some flow figs may be forthcoming soon.
DV
His progress is quite good but he has an excellent teacher!
631-816-4911