siezed motor

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: siezed motor

Post by Kevin Johnson »

If you plan on using/saving the engine you really need to remove the heads, pan and timing cover (older engines also the distributor). If you don't do this you risk damaging otherwise salvageable components. It is already a given that will need to go through and inspect/clean everything anyway.
prairiehotrodder originally wrote:
whats the best stuff to dump into a siezed engine cylinders ? I recently bought an old 67 Buick Electra with the 430 engine and its stuck solid. Most likely rust. I pulled out all the spark plugs and sprayed in WD40 but i think i need something stronger. I'd really like to get it unstuck. Not to run it but just to know its fixable.
Brian
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
jake197000
Expert
Expert
Re: siezed motor

Post by jake197000 »

acetone and atf.if its stuck hard it has to come apart anyway.i mess with old stationary engines.i had one i tried everthing, no luck.old guy told me to hang cylinder fill with brake fluid and put a pine stick in it ,light it and keep it toped off after about 6 hours piston came out fairly easy.