Ozonkiller

300 mph, an amazing feat!!!

Post by Ozonkiller »

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Re: 300 mph, an amazing feat!!!

Post by Newold1 »

It's even a bit more of an amazing good luck at 300MPH. Those blasts at 300mph want to make that Ford GT into an airplane and the fact that the wind and road surface conditions allowed these balsts without liftoff are amazing. When you look at the aero of the Ford GT that obviously helped a great deal but look at what Bonneville racers have to fit their full bodied cars with and you can see at 300mph and above , aero is almost everything!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Morgo

Post by Morgo »

Supra 2JZ I ported the head come Friday to local Dynoservice,make 1250 hp and Saturday on the airfield run mile at 360 km/h.Driver told that it was the first and the last time he run;he was so afraid that the Supra get airborne! While being a sportscar the design of the chassis probably don't consider over 300 km/h speeds..
"when uncomptent order unwilling to do unnecsessary the probablity of failure is high"
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

exhaustgases wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:21 pmI thought they said how the suspension was bottomed out on the snubbers. That is lots of downward push and would keep it on the ground.
Every pound of downforce must be paid for with horsepower.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Ozonkiller

Post by Ozonkiller »

These guys are some of the hardest working and nicest guys at the track...

Keep in mind also, 300mph is quite the feat but zero to 300 in 1 mile is stunning!!!