Chinese sbc head bare

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Re: Chinese sbc head bare

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 pm Anyone see the heads called "performance world" ? They are being sold in Canada by Mopac. I'm told they come direct from China to Canada so Canadians don't have to pay the sickening US exchange rate. Thats just second hand opinion. Don't know much about them but i do know a few guys are using them in my home town. BBC and SBC.
Brian

http://www.performance-world.com/Chevro ... s/2089.htm

a bare pair of the $979 SBC heads would be $729 US dollars retail.
From what I can ID the "P-W" Sbc heads look same near exact to the BluePrint Racing sbc heads.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Seems some other Canadian disttibutors warehouses are picking up lines of various aluminum cylinder heads.
Even Walmart Canada is showing ATK cylinder hesds now online. At these $(CAN) prices, Americans will be driving up to get these.
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 am Seems some other Canadian disttibutors warehouses are picking up lines of various aluminum cylinder heads.
Even Walmart Canada is showing ATK cylinder hesds now online. At these $(CAN) prices, Americans will be driving up to get these.
Walmart shows cylinder heads because people that sell THROUGH Walmart marketplace sell cylinder heads. It's not anything new or out of the ordinary. Look at the sellers. They aren't Walmart. They're other 'stores' selling through Walmart, just like Amazon. Look at the example below. They're sold by Speedway Motors. Through Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FLO-TEK-Smal ... 5/52235957
Last edited by makin chips on Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 am Seems some other Canadian disttibutors warehouses are picking up lines of various aluminum cylinder heads.
I seriously doubt they're the same as Blueprint. So much so that I'd be willing to put money on it.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:39 am
prairiehotrodder wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 pm Anyone see the heads called "performance world" ? They are being sold in Canada by Mopac. I'm told they come direct from China to Canada so Canadians don't have to pay the sickening US exchange rate. Thats just second hand opinion. Don't know much about them but i do know a few guys are using them in my home town. BBC and SBC.
Brian

From what I can ID the "P-W" Sbc heads look same near exact to the BluePrint Racing sbc heads.
The bare 180cc and 200 cc 64 and 70 heads appear to be like a brodix IK200 head.

The "pro series" appear to be a blueprint racing casting.
Two different castings there.
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Walmart wants more than Summit for their Dart 200 head

The fact they are selling this stuff spells the beginning of the end for us mfrs if WM gets cheap enough

Ok...still looking guys. Which...nkb assault chong ching whats the difference? Just a set of bare ones...180s, maybe up to 200cc 64cc
Never heard of the brand in the above link doesnt BP cast their own heads and blocks?
Last edited by cv67 on Wed May 22, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Miller
Pro
Pro

Post by Ron Miller »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 am
F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:39 am
Brian

The bare 180cc and 200 cc 64 and 70 heads appear to be like a brodix IK200 head.

The "pro series" appear to be a blueprint racing casting.
Two different castings there.
[/quote

I talked to BluePrint Racing about their BB Chevy heads. I was told the SB & BB Chevy heads were patterned after the Brodix heads. And there was a strong consideration that Brodix would be casting the heads for them.
Ron Miller
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Sheesh.....guys gobble this crap up?

Extra for:
Springs esp if you dont want a +.200 valve
Longer head bolts needed
No guide plates or studs included
Lackluster #s for a 200cc head
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SBC-CHEVY-400- ... SwP~tW2LEw

Dont know what all the extras run but can see over 1k by the time its over.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Brian

[/quote

Funny story
With the perf. world heads they offer a cnc chamber and blending option as well as as cast. I went to the manufacture last year that made them and had a run done ( 20 pairs ) after seeing a bunch of sample castings.

They are not a bad street entry level head but the valve seats like most of the imported heads are not really that great.
They are very soft and beat out with any decent roller spring.

I had them machine the heads to install the 7000 durabond seats which is the standard seat material for dart and others over in N.America.

Unless you have alot of design info to have them made you get what they have info for and really resist any changes to what they produce. Like valve seat material quality
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Ok what about a good iron builder head? anyone?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

cuisinartvette wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 pm Ok what about a good iron builder head? anyone?
The questions that I would ask are,
Whats the power requirements needed or how much motor do you want to build or how many inches.
Most guys want a 383 or larger these days but thats your call.
What cam type. Roller or FT ?? that will determine springs and how much machine work is needed.
And how much compression do you want to deal with fuel wise?

Dart has several good options
Port CC volume and intake system being considered needs to be determined before you buy castings
to avoid ports that don't fit the intake or heads that need alot of port work to fit intake.
I see guys that get heads with too large of ports like 220 or more or the other way with way too small 165-170 range.

All because they got a smoking deal!!
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

Schurkey wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm
F-BIRD'88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:32 pm Trump's China tariffs will increase the price.
Thank God.
I may actually afford proper brodix in the end . :D
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

cgarb wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm F-bird, why don't you just come out and say your are jealous of Americans? You make cracks on here all the time about our laws and politics...what does it matter to you? Honestly, I could care less about what Canada laws or political agendas are. So my advice to you is post your riff in the political section where everyone else who don't give 2 cents about your opinion don't have to read it. Nothing in this thread have you posted was productive.
He whines like Justin Trudeau :mrgreen:
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
houser45
Pro
Pro

Post by houser45 »

cuisinartvette wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 pm Ok what about a good iron builder head? anyone?
The best head for the money in cast iron that i have found is the eq heads 200cc 64 cc chamber. It is a newer design very close to an rhs design that is not cast anymore. Good quality casting, che guides, thick deck.
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

houser45 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:50 am
The best head for the money in cast iron that i have found is the eq heads 200cc 64 cc chamber. It is a newer design very close to an rhs design that is not cast anymore. Good quality casting, che guides, thick deck.
Got a link??….because EQ/EngineQuest/A&A Midwest shows nothing, not even on the newsroom page for new releases.
EQ used to make a 200, 220, and 235cc group of performance iron heads but hasn't made them in at least 3 years.

All they make now are various 165/170/175cc Vortec and stock replacement, and a 170cc IMCA spec stock type head.