Being wary of eBay's programme means exactly that, and no more

For monitising data in "creative" ways, think Facebook

Adblockers are ubiquitous for the same reason
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: If you have ever bought smething because of Speedtalk, let me know

Post by CamKing »

Enigma wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:31 pm The "Prime" membership (I don't think I'd actually name it that, lest Amazon take offense by it and file suit)
I just used the name "Prime", because that's the model I was looking at. The name I'm thinking of, for the optional pay membership is "Hot Pass" membership. My plan is to not charge authorized Vendors for promoting their products/services in the Vendor section. They will just be required to offer a discount to the "Hot Pass" members.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
donforeman

Post by donforeman »

Leftcoaster wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:02 am 'Morning Don

Being wary of eBay's programme means exactly that, and no more

For monitising data in "creative" ways, think Facebook

Adblockers are ubiquitous for the same reason
ebay is not Facebook or Google. If you are truly that paranoid, cancel your accounts on both if you have them and set up your browser appropriately. Once your on site with any of these, you are giving them far more information than the link on a forum does.
Flo
Pro
Pro

Post by Flo »

I actually bought several cams from Mike due to this forum :)
Enigma
Pro
Pro

Post by Enigma »

CamKing wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 am
Enigma wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:31 pm The "Prime" membership (I don't think I'd actually name it that, lest Amazon take offense by it and file suit)
I just used the name "Prime", because that's the model I was looking at. The name I'm thinking of, for the optional pay membership is "Hot Pass" membership. My plan is to not charge authorized Vendors for promoting their products/services in the Vendor section. They will just be required to offer a discount to the "Hot Pass" members.
I like it. Great idea. I generally tend to quickly migrate to the "what can go wrong" mentality, and start heading things off. Hence my comment about "Prime". After the Hot Pass is in effect, and there's been sufficient time to run the numbers and determine the financial viability of things, maybe extras or upgrades can be added to the Hot Pass membership. One that quickly comes to mind is Vizard The Wizards' (yes, I'm that old) seminars. Maybe for a few bucks, a link could be supplied for members to watch them right here on our phones. You guys are friends (I remember the cam challenge that didn't take place because the numbers came out identical anyhow), so that shouldn't be hard to work out. Point being, that the avenues that can be taken to keep this community alive and growing are almost limitless. Anyhow, carry on with ideas and good luck with what I'm sure is an enormous amount of extra work on your part. We all appreciate you putting in the effort.
gofaster
HotPass
HotPass

Post by gofaster »

Directly:
Don’s airflow seminars and software, Pipemax, new3acut toolholders and bits for the Serdi, Plug Reading Light, Ferrea valves, etc. from Brian, and attended several cylinder head seminars that were announced on Speed Talk.
More or less indirectly:
I have made shop equipment purchasing decisions that were strongly influenced by discussions on Speed Talk.
Jim McMahon
Heads1st
http://www.heads1st.com/
67RS502
Expert
Expert

Post by 67RS502 »

CDs, Pipemax, cams.
67 camaro
girly rollers on pumpgas:
420 - 641hp BretBauerCam, 1.39, 9.79 @ 137.5
383 - 490hp 224/224, 1.56, 10.77 @ 124.6
502 - 626hp 252/263, 049s 1.44, 10.08 @ 132.7
62 Nova cruiser
383/200-4R/12-bolt w 373s
224/224 HR cam
1.57 10.97 @ 121.2
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Yes, I have bought and sold some items listed on the Classified section here and have purchased items from others based upon recommendations of trusted members here. Have also reconnected with folks I hadn't been in contact with for a number of years (Harold Brookshire, Joe Mondello, Larry Meaux and others) and have met others here as well. Really miss Don, Dan Miller, Harold and Joe M. as well as Joe Sherman.

Excellent site. Lets do whatever is necessary to keep it up and running and true to Don's vision.

Happy Motoring to all,

Harry
Stef
Expert
Expert

Post by Stef »

I have got, because of this site;

Several of the speedtalk interview cd's
Pipemax
Engmod4T
Rher Morrison engine build book
Bill Jones's porting book

+ lot's of good info on the tooling side on things. Some good contacts over the years too.
If it takes paid membership to get and sustain good quality, professional individuals on here and the best knowledge on the internet I'll be happy to pay. Don created a unique and useful forum that deserves to be kept going!
TTV Racing - Race flywheels, clutches, drive shafts and valve guides - over 5000 applications & custom one off's or production runs - made in England.
Suppliers to GT3, LeMans, WRC, Global X-Cross, WTCC, BTCC, F3 and more!
Visit our Instagram Page!
Promodwrench

Post by Promodwrench »

That sounds good to me Mike. I deffinently have some more cd's, books etc I'd like to get and I'd be happy to pay a fee for a prime membership.

Chris
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

I have been reading posts on the HP academy forum for a bit , its for the efi side of things , but i signed up to post a question , the gold membership was 29usd monthly , maybe fine for when i have a dyno and run into these problems daily , but far to much for now , so i joined for free , then went to post a question , and unless a gold member i cannot even post ! but there seams to be infinite help from the owner , something like that could be applied here , 50 annual and you can post or free to read , one of the other guy mentioned it that the site does not want to change to attract the public and keyboard warriors .

Just a thought
grant6395
Pro
Pro

Post by grant6395 »

Yes sir. Mike, I have purchased several cams from you with great results.I have used all the big name companies as well. Extremely happy with your products . Lifters as well. Yes, because of speedtalk. Also , pipemax
and the package deals of interviews.... great listening on a rainy day.
Grant klohn
blwilliams
Pro
Pro

Post by blwilliams »

I bought the bundled software from this sight a while back when it was offered to the group.
GerryP

Post by GerryP »

Yes. Tools and such discussed by shop owners mostly.
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Yes. A cam, some horse trading for another... :D

Probably quite a few things because of the information I found here, and saved a bunch because of it...
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.