Morel Black Mamba roller lifters

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

blwilliams
Pro
Pro

Morel Black Mamba roller lifters

Post by blwilliams »

I just found out that Morel is no longer building bushed roller lifters and is now selling the "Black Mamba" lifter.
No bushings or roller needles. A much larger axle riding on a film of pressurized oil riding metal to metal.
The outside body has a DLC coating for higher wear resistance.
I was unable to find out what axle and wheel materialis but I assume it is a very hard steel.

So with all of this being said, has anyone here on Speed Talk had real time experience with them, good or bad?
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Morel Black Mamba roller lifters

Post by CamKing »

I have not heard of any issues with them. They look like the axle is Titanium-Nitrite plated, but I'm not sure.
We also offer a Steel on Steel option with our lifters, and for the last 3 years, they have been bulletproof.
Our bodies aren't DLC coated, but we have 4 pressure-fed oiling ports to the axle. Pricing is about the same.
One of our JetSprint customers ran them all season, with zero issues, and won the JetSprint World Championship with them.
https://www.facebook.com/PSPJETSPRINT/v ... 499922937/
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
blwilliams
Pro
Pro

Post by blwilliams »

Thank you Mike.
I have been happy with the life of the bushed lifters and was a bit disappointed when they were not available any longer.
I must admit the steel on steel is a bit scary especialy after finding out the DLC coating was only on the lifter body itself.
There is not much information on the Calliesmorel web page on the details of the construction other than the axil is quite large and supports more weight than the conventional rollers.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

blwilliams wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:20 pm Thank you Mike.
I have been happy with the life of the bushed lifters and was a bit disappointed when they were not available any longer.
I must admit the steel on steel is a bit scary especialy after finding out the DLC coating was only on the lifter body itself.
There is not much information on the Calliesmorel web page on the details of the construction other than the axil is quite large and supports more weight than the conventional rollers.
We also offer Bronze bushings they're $180 less then our "Steel on Steel"
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449