General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Re: SpeedTalk for Sale

Post by Caprimaniac »

Great effort , Mike.

Hopefully, (Don Terril's) SpeedTalk x-ellent webforum will contnue into the future.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
Roundybout
Pro
Pro

Post by Roundybout »

The lure of this site is the people who participate in the discussions. I remember how I first found this site with a Google search "race engine discussion forum". You mean to tell me I can ask Joe Sherman (RIP), Mike Jones, a Hendrick employee or any of the well respected guys here a question and they'll respond? The same successful guys I read about in magazines, see on TV at the races ect. will give up some secrets or simple advice and share experience. I believe Don founded this site out of the love of racing and it wasn't a money making deal for him. Sure he made some but that was secondary. Whoever takes over speedtalk needs to realise you'll never make a lot of money. You might break even or it might end up costing you some dough. I don't have an answer but I hope whoever takes over will have that in mind.
Norris Marshall

Post by Norris Marshall »

HI guys, I wanted to let you know that we are also talking to Mrs. Terrill about buying Speed Talk or partnering with her to help her get what she is looking for. Our IT guys and BluePrint President Shawn Sterling are the folks that worked with her to get the site back up. It was a privilege to work with her, and to honor Don by bringing this great site back to life. I also am one of the many, many people who look at this site daily, along with several of my engineers. It would be a huge understatement to say that I've had learned a lot from all of you and all those who have posted in the past. I just think its a fantastic learning resource. I was never fortunate enough to meet Don Terrill, but, I appreciate him greatly for creating the site, and thank Mrs. Terrill for allowing us to help get it back going. My interest in buying the site or otherwise partnering with Mrs. Terrill is primarily to keep the learning and sharing going. BluePrint Engines makes crate engines, I don't think our customers look at Speed Talk. If we are successful in buying the site we will not commercialize it with advertising, we will not use it to promote our product, we will only hope to continue the sharing and learning. Thank you.

Norris Marshall

CEO, Founder, BluePrint Engines Inc.
JohnP
Pro
Pro

Post by JohnP »

Norris, I looked up your website and am so impressed with what you have accomplished.

It's too late for me, but what you did, how you did it, etc, needs to be documented for others to learn from. Should be a case study for a business class in college.
Thinking is hard work.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Hope this type of purchase and continuation is successful. Imagine to have a site like this does not get blasted with pop-ups and advertising. In todays internet forum world that's probably as rare as titanium muffler bearings! =D>
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

I hope one of you is successful, most have taken a buyout from IB and they all turn into the same thing. Blasted with ads, rediculous restrictions on what you can/cant post etc. Dont let this site end up like that it will go down the tubes quick.
This is the only site where I can truly trust most the info, its straight talk and bs isnt tolerated.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Still too early for me to collect all my thoughts from some pretty serious brain surgery here but I hear that Mike Jones might be taking over speed talk. Mike, I am remembering all those times when you helped out on my projects for which I am very grateful. This looks like a time when I can repay your generosity so I want to offer my full support for anything that may forward your efforts here. Mike you have my number so I am only the other end of the line if you need any help.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

David Vizard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm Still too early for me to collect all my thoughts from some pretty serious brain surgery here but I hear that Mike Jones might be taking over speed talk. Mike, I am remembering all those times when you helped out on my projects for which I am very grateful. This looks like a time when I can repay your generosity so I want to offer my full support for anything that may forward your efforts here. Mike you have my number so I am only the other end of the line if you need any help.
DV
I will keep you in my prayers Mr. Vizard.
I have great respect for you and Mr Jones and have run a couple of his Camshafts.
If it was not for your books on my father's shelf, I would never have found speedtalk in my later years. He tried to take the books away from the house because I could not focus on school at 10 years old. Got into the books in the shed and got my hide tanned . That was in 1990 in Canada.
Long time ago.
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Blakeslee

Post by Blakeslee »

how to rebuild your SMALL-BLOCK CHEVY by David Vizard.....I'm 57 years old this year and purchased this book when I was 16.
I can't thank you enough for all the times I've used that book! My dad got me started on this stuff and your book along with the advent of the internet
has been the most valuable tool in my shop.
Thanks Speedtalk and DV!

Blake