Plenum on a multi carb intake manifold for an inliner?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Re: Plenum on a multi carb intake manifold for an inliner?

Post by chevyfreak »

When i did my searching on hme build type intakes i found some weird ones. Everyone has a different idea of what he wants.
And on many different brands of engines. Seems like there are some people that wants that old school look and more carbs.

Some time ago an oldtimer gave me some old hotrod mags from the late sixties and seventies. And i saw a guy that dragged with a heavily modified 230 inline chevy 6. He had 3 4bbl holley carbs on turned so that primaries towards engine. As like he gave every cyl its own primary and secondary.
Cant remember the dates. Wil go look for it next time im at the storage container.

Chevyfreak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bowtie for life
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Re: Plenum on a multi carb intake manifold for an inliner?

Post by Truckedup »

Jack, is that going to be a street engine? I messed around around with GMC and Chevy inline for quite a while and found for street use,even in moderate weather, a coolant heated intake makes for a much better runner around town...By better I mean the ability to use leaner jetting and sharp part throttle response..Of course at the risk of reducing power a touch and possible detonation...But that's a nice looking intake you made and hate to mess it up with plumbing..
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire