Cnc program for new trick flow head

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Little Mouse
Expert
Expert
Cnc program for new trick flow head

Post by Little Mouse »

Trick flow came out with a 175 runner head to look like on outside like old double hump heads, it really flows good for its size claim almost 260 at .500 lift and claim extra thick for porting. Anyone considering doing a cnc program for this head to make it flow more ? I suspect this head may sell well with people wanting the old time look but far superior flow and chamber it has.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Cnc program for new trick flow head

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Little Mouse wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:40 pm Trick flow came out with a 175 runner head to look like on outside like old double hump heads, it really flows good for its size claim almost 260 at .500 lift and claim extra thick for porting. Anyone considering doing a cnc program for this head to make it flow more ? I suspect this head may sell well with people wanting the old time look but far superior flow and chamber it has.
I would get in touch with "Total Engine Airflow" in Kentucky.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

I would expect S P E I E R to have something over most here, but then I don't know of many people here that make CNC masters, etc...like he does.

If they do, they surely don't talk about it. Wouldn't be the first thing he posted about while everyone else jocked him for it.

Though Walter seems to be recommending you go to TEA to buy something? Not understanding that one but ok...I took it as the guy was looking to start a discussion. Not asking for a recommendation of where to buy anything.

Seems like you were asking if anyone here is doing anything with them...in order to promote DISCUSSION. His response? Call TEA! How does that help?

Doesn't make much sense to me. No need to be a dbag when replying, either, Walter. Just putting that out there.
EDC
Expert
Expert

Post by EDC »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:23 pm
Little Mouse wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:40 pm Trick flow came out with a 175 runner head to look like on outside like old double hump heads, it really flows good for its size claim almost 260 at .500 lift and claim extra thick for porting. Anyone considering doing a cnc program for this head to make it flow more ? I suspect this head may sell well with people wanting the old time look but far superior flow and chamber it has.
They are in Ohio and owned by Summit.
"Quality" is like buying oats. You can pay a fair price for it and get some good quality oats,
or you can get it a hell of a lot cheaper, when it's already been through the horse.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Ed Curtis - www.FlowTechInduction.com
travis
Guru
Guru

Post by travis »

EDC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:16 am
Walter R. Malik wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:23 pm
They are in Ohio and owned by Summit.
Looks like they are no longer in Kentucky...and it looks like Summits HQ address too :(

Contact Us
Shipping Address
Total Engine Airflow
285 West Ave
Tallmadge, OH 44278
Phone: (330) 634-2155
Fax: (330) 634-2154
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 6.50camaro »

makin chips wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:01 am I would expect S P E I E R to have something over most here, but then I don't know of many people here that make CNC masters, etc...like he does.

If they do, they surely don't talk about it. Wouldn't be the first thing he posted about while everyone else jocked him for it.

Though Walter seems to be recommending you go to TEA to buy something? Not understanding that one but ok...I took it as the guy was looking to start a discussion. Not asking for a recommendation of where to buy anything.

Seems like you were asking if anyone here is doing anything with them...in order to promote DISCUSSION. His response? Call TEA! How does that help?

Doesn't make much sense to me. No need to be a dbag when replying, either, Walter. Just putting that out there.
I didn't see it as Walter trying to sell something. I think sense Summit owns Trick Flow and TEA he was just pointing him in the must direct route to get info. TEA used to use the 175cc casting as their base for most if not all their cnc sbc heads. Dan
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Post by amc fan »

IIRC...TEA CNC ports the heads for Summit. They are across the street or down the street from Summit. TEA ported a set of 215's for me a couple years ago they flowed..308@.5, 320cfm on intake @.7 and 245@.5, 262 cfm on exhaust @ .7. I would call TEA and see if they have a program for them.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

6.50camaro wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 am
makin chips wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:01 am I would expect S P E I E R to have something over most here, but then I don't know of many people here that make CNC masters, etc...like he does.

I didn't see it as Walter trying to sell something. I think sense Summit owns Trick Flow and TEA he was just pointing him in the must direct route to get info. TEA used to use the 175cc casting as their base for most if not all their cnc sbc heads. Dan
EXACTLY ... Brian Tooley who apparently does not own Total Engine Airflow anymore, did the later CNC work for Trick Flow so, I figured that would probably be a good place to start looking for a program.
Brian Tooley sold that company which moved to OHIO and now he has started another company in Kentucky specializing in LS.

I surely didn't view the OP as trying to promote discussion but, that he wanted to find where to go to get a concrete answer.

Seems like "makin chips" just wanting to promote some more animosity on this forum. That's not unusual.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Just wanted to find out mainly if i bought a set if someone was considering doing a cnc program to make them flow more and i would end up with that option, not even sure how long they have been out there for sale. besides telephone S P E I R E would not be a long drive to take them to him. I almost always buy from summit did not know they now own trick flow.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

makin chips wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:01 am I took it as the guy was looking to start a discussion. Not asking for a recommendation of where to buy anything.
Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm Seems like "makin chips" just wanting to promote some more animosity on this forum. That's not unusual.
That's no sh-t there.

Seems a tad bit contradictory. Don't call TEA. Just promote discussion. Yet....check with a self proclaimed internet expert on what he has. HMMM. Maybe the guy has been down that road like others and found the that persons typical results... Hey paintchips...your free to add anything technical to any of these threads. Show us all your badass "flowbench" results :lol: Feel free. Post some results, a better way, anything.

Just be yourself...we're waiting. Ill get you some Lithium to level yourself back out with. :D Lets talk tech. You go first..
tt 383
Expert
Expert

Post by tt 383 »

6.50camaro wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 am

This head isn't the old 175cc head. Supposedly a from scratch deal.
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

I saw these beads recently advertised. Perked my interest as I am sometimes a fan of stock appearing stuff that run it's a$$ off. I'm wondering how a ported set of these 175s would fare against a stock set of afrs? Hopefully somebody will do something with these in the near future.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

There was an article done on a guy that did a cnc to the front of an afr head to give it the double humps, but now i cant remember who it is.