The true definition of Testicular Fortitude

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
The true definition of Testicular Fortitude

Post by David Vizard »

I realize this might not be the right channel for this type of post but here is a good friend of mines cousin in action. We all know what the primary ingredient for success here is. speeds of 200 mph, no roll cage, no crash barriers, just raw power and courage. The love of this sport cost him his life. RIP Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2sjbW ... e=youtu.be

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: The true definition of Testicular Fortitude

Post by Dave Koehler »

That Isle of man race is awesome but holy geeze it does take a special kind of racer to run it.
RIP
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

A cousin of mine who just turned 30 has posted up a number of TT videos on Facebook. I applaud that they are wearing full safety kit but I remind him that his peak response time was likely at age 24. He is employed in a high risk/adrenaline profession and remarked that you never feel more alive than when you are close to death. Everyone makes choices but the families get to worry and sadly grieve.
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Kevin Johnson wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26 am A cousin of mine who just turned 30 has posted up a number of TT videos on Facebook. I applaud that they are wearing full safety kit but I remind him that his peak response time was likely at age 24. He is employed in a high risk/adrenaline profession and remarked that you never feel more alive than when you are close to death. Everyone makes choices but the families get to worry and sadly grieve.
Kevin,

I have been embroiled in such grief just too many times - it is really soul destroying!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

I couldn't imaging doing that but I love to watch it.

As the song goes... God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

This is the true measure of the term "NO FEAR !" If you have even the slightest tinge of fear in your body and brain, you just can't do this!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

This is the true measure of the term "NO FEAR !" If you have even the slightest tinge of fear in your body and brain, you just can't do this! :roll:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

I've been riding bikes for over 30 years and still every time i see a TT video im crappin myself and just watching in awe as i cant ride like that and would never try either! Always a terrible shame when someone comes to grief.
Craig.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

I'm 71 and still ride and work on high performance bikes..Car guys never understand riding bikes,.No tightly gripping bucket seat ,safety harness or roll cage, there's a blend of mind and machine that goes beyond fear.
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
quickd100
Pro
Pro

Post by quickd100 »

My Sympathies to the family. I'm 61 and long ago realized I'm not imortal. I still do many things that I probably shouldn't be doing. My old truck with 950 hp tries to kill me on a regular basis.
Even when I was young and real dumb I still had enough common sense to stay off bikes like that
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/quickd100/9ff3c690.jpg[/img]
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

That video is in real time, isn't it? :shock:

The scenery goes by like it's sped up but the sound is still normal. That's insane!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I think about some of my worst crashes, under 20 mph on a bicycle. Young and dumb, older and dumb. Bikes like that just terrified me. Thrilling no doubt, just not for me. Way beyond my abilities.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
Brian P
Guru
Guru

Post by Brian P »

My hobby and passion is roadracing motorcycles, but "roadracing" on circuit tracks, not closed public roads. I could never do anything like the Isle of Man TT, and it's perhaps worth noting that there is very little crossover from circuit racing (even at a top level like MotoGP or WorldSBK) to closed-public-roads racing like the TT.

I've ridden at Road America, Mid-Ohio, Mugello, and have plans for Phillip Island after I retire (shortly). The street bike that I ride the most, has 12 horsepower.

RIP Dan.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Truckedup wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:52 am I'm 71 and still ride and work on high performance bikes..Car guys never understand riding bikes,.No tightly gripping bucket seat ,safety harness or roll cage, there's a blend of mind and machine that goes beyond fear.
Truckedup,

I might just understand where you are coming from. I had my last accident dessert riding a 450 Bultaco that took 9 months to recover from.
The big problem with bikes is they are a lot of fun. When my eldest daughter was about 20 or so she rode a Kawasaki 1000 - aggresivly!

DV
learner1

Post by learner1 »

I own a litre bike and this form of racing, especially the TT, is indeed the ultimate of any racing. You are right out in the open at two hundred miles an hour with no room for mistakes. A pair of large balls is really an understatement here.