Proflo 4 systems

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Racing68
Pro
Pro
Proflo 4 systems

Post by Racing68 »

Has anyone used the Edelbrock Proflo 4 xt system on a big block chevy here. It's a pump gas build about 700-725 hp
My427stang
Expert
Expert

Re: Proflo 4 systems

Post by My427stang »

I have not used the XT system, but I am about to try their standard Victor style Proflo 4. One thing I recommend is look close at how they rate their ability to support big numbers. My setup is supposed to be able to support 625 hp, however, when you look in the instructions, they show HP ranges by overdriving the pump to pretty high pressures and/or swapping injectors. In other words, mine is a 525 hp system unless I buy another set of injectors, but they don't tell you that until you break into the manual.

I am using the Victor style on a 500-ish truck build, so it works for me, but if the XT is the same, just know you may need to add money to support to your fuel needs. Easy to download instructions and if it is the same, it's in there
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
Plattsmouth, NE
70 Mustang, 489 FE, TKO-600, Massflo SEFI, 4.11s
71 F100 SB 4x4, 461 FE, 4 speed, port injected EFI, 3.50s
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

This system maybe capeable to do a lot of different Things, but I have little knowledge on that. I'll shear my Limited experience With the edelbrock injection systems here. As far as taking care of their customers, edelbrock failed when I was on the startline getting a injection system. Knowledge were more or less absent; no answers on what I needed to know. By using their catalgoue I was able to gather some parts, but some of the details in the catalogue were completely wrong, like thread size on the fuelrails. I ended up With a different system.
In my opinion- when getting an aftermarket EFI- system, go to someone who deal With EFI more or less exclusivly. Electromotive, FAST, Holley.....
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

If you are seriously wanting 725hp from an EFI system and want to support a 725hp build on the engine itself I would not try using an Edelbrock Proflo XT type system. It will not get you there in terms of required cfm and ECM tuning provisions. JMHO
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink: