Try not to laugh 235

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: Try not to laugh 235

Post by Dave Koehler »

Do I understand it right? You can haul that wide load without a lead and follow car plus all the permits it usually takes?
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
HDBD
Expert
Expert

Post by HDBD »

The 292s were ok in a c60 in the day with a two speed rear. 75 tops. Sissel Automotive was the go to to get some more power
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »

Maybe call these guys up and get some pointers they made it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Little Mouse wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 pm Boat will be 12.4 beam wide load can only be hauled daytime , stay on freeway deal. So i guess maybe just put up with 235. If you see what they charge to haul that you will try to personally put it on your own back haul it, if any mortal could.at one time owned class 8 trucks would only need to rent a dropdeck trailer but no longer in trucking business. Boat is only 10.6 high even on a trailer that wont be an issue. Im thinking going to need my small nissan pickup running behind me.as far as smaller boat 33ft small enough for ocean and plan to live on it at least six months of year. $450.00 a month dock fee right on the ocean at most 30.00 electric bill. Ill take that instead of 2 grand apartment. Had all of texas weather i want for a lifetime. But will have po. Box both states keep my toys registered on texas and keep my cdl there.
It's really too bad there aren't any boats already in the water in the San Diego area. ;>)
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

I'm curious what this boat is too? Got pics?
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Plenty boats in san diego in the marina now fixing on my cousins 40 ft trawler
Problem is you have to sell your boat then go buy another. 15,000 lbs nothing for a pickup to haul dont need one of my old rigs for that. Now if ot were my cousins 21,000 lb 15 ft high 40 trawler ya that would be a problem, say close to 18 high on trailer.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Back to original question going to rebuild engine anyway keep pickup maybe till death. So maybe a bit more compression. Compression ratio a joke. You dont need no stinking a/c or heater in san diego. My folks bought a new home in 1960 so-cal did not have a/c almost zero need for one when your 35 miles from cool ocean breeze.
Last edited by Little Mouse on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Circlotron
Guru
Guru

Post by Circlotron »

Maybe it's time for a cheap Chinese turbo?
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Well almost everyone has at least one sbc lying around thought about doing that. But its a 1 time thing will never haul anything but my 250 lb behind after that. like the people of texas thats all i like. Bought a new t120 bonneville last may. No where to ride it enjoy it, flat nothing ground zero scenery, to hot or to cold to even enjoy it. Been in arkansas and texas last 49 years had all the lousy wheather i want for a lifetime. Almost 66 time fir better weather.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Of course you have to have wide load permits and other vehicles. If you price wide load boat hauling. Its one if those questions if you have to ask you cant afford it.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Ok, we give up but it was fun. Good luck, safe trip.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

42ft wooden grand banks trawler weight around 22,000 lbs 13 ft beam. 16 ft high. 20 grand + san diego to dfw. Go down through panama canal to houston area with it real expensive.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Pulling the boat with the pickup sounding better to you now.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

My boat 12, 400 lbs no trailer. 10.6 high even on trailer easly go under low old timey 13.6 overpass. My boat doable no problem grand banks no chance.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

But i will take 10 to 12 grand donations and let you ship it for me. Poor boys need all the help they can get.