Try not to laugh 235

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Little Mouse
Expert
Expert
Re: Try not to laugh 235

Post by Little Mouse »

SM420... 1 = 7.05 2= 357 3 = 170 4 = 1.00 reverse 6.78. So will be driving it as a three speed trans no doubt. Irst gear not even syncro. Irst and reverse strait cut gears, others helical. Iron case considered strongest 4 speed ever put in pickups. 4 wheelers love them for there low creeping gear ratio and there strength.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Little Mouse wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:14 pm SM420... 1 = 7.05 2= 357 3 = 170 4 = 1.00 reverse 6.78. So will be driving it as a three speed trans no doubt. Irst gear not even syncro. Irst and reverse strait cut gears, others helical. Iron case considered strongest 4 speed ever put in pickups. 4 wheelers love them for there low creeping gear ratio and there strength.
The later GM 465 4 speed is considered as good or better depending on the bullshit of day, lol...Anyway, the NV4500 5 speed OD is based on the 465 and if you can find one with the GM 1-1/8 10 spline input shaft, and bore out the bell housing center hole to 5-1/8 ? it will bolt in...Another option if you like a search is to find the earlier Clark V0 5 speed with OD 5th gear.. These will bolt up to the bellhousing but like the NV4500 will require driveshaft modification. While you're searching you might fall on a smaller Brownie 3 peed auxiliary gear box to use behind the main transmission...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Bought a new t120 bonneville last may. No where to ride it enjoy it, flat nothing ground zero scenery, to hot or to cold to even enjoy it.

Hey, Truckedup, how did you miss the clue this Little Mouse is a suspect character? ;>)
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Huum sm 420 has the same bolt pattern to bell housing as common sbc uses 4, 11/16 pilot hole, input shaft length 6.5 inches from front of case. May be easier then thought to put sbc in.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

PackardV8 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 pm
Bought a new t120 bonneville last may. No where to ride it enjoy it, flat nothing ground zero scenery, to hot or to cold to even enjoy it.

Hey, Truckedup, how did you miss the clue this Little Mouse is a suspect character? ;>)
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Little Mouse wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 pm

bought it in may had 60 miles on it when i left dfw for san diego, spent 5 months on my cousins boat fixing on it rode it around california alot got back to dallas five thousand miles on it. Been in my storage units along with 55 truck and 68 eldorado that has original 32, 000 miles on it. My rich cousin in kansas gave it to me. His 11,300 sq ft house sits on culdy sack bunch of acres next to it fenced off has two holms on it. One of the kotch brothers owns it 1 house his the other his mothers. My cousin is hawker 800 private jet rich. Has 7000 acres in the flint hills of kansas. 5 homes on the ranch. Big home i described in wichita. Big home in colrado, home in florida keys small 3000 sq ft home on a lake close to branson missouri.
Tried to give me new bmw motorcycle. Tried to give my father a one ot two 53 studebakers he has. Forgot tried to give me class 8 truck one time. For 2 years he tried to give me the eldorado could tell it was pissing him off would not take anything so i finally called him asked him if he still had the 68 eldo went up there drove it back to dallas.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Big chevy 4 wheel drive or say ford suv. Oh no not good enough his is mercedes to drive around on the ranch. Gee you think he would loan me modern pickup. Lol
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Home in wichita 6 car garage like new 60 coupe deville in it some other classics. Then he has about 40 more clasic cars stored in twi really big storage units. He owns the storage units there in. The hanger his plane os in has big office and besides the plane around 12 classic cars surrounding the plane. Not trump or jerry jones rich but son and two daughters on trust fund.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Irst cousin to me from fathers side of family. My second cousin shares my same first name jim probably about as rich as ron. Another cousin mother side of family real estate lawer with jerry jones he did all the dealings to build the new staduim in arlington. Poor boy compaired to ron probably 3 million all he is worth. Ya im thinking i could borrow a pickup. But i wont.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Cousins boat in san diego he has owned insurance agency for a lot of years, insures, cars, homes, boats. Has rental property in homes.Thinking my boat insurance is cheap in cost to me. Im black sheep in family, stupid 1 was in trucking business just good enough to retire.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

This is what is called in CNC machining as drip feed.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Rons mother that died at 94. You can can gift someone $13,000 without it being taxed. I was 1 if a few she gifted $13,000.00. I know this because ron told me not to tell others in the famly i got that money, because not many got any money. Yes i could easly afford to ship the boat. That said i never owned more then three trucks at 1 time both drove and did all the mechanic work. Bassicly worked 7 days a week for 29 years i eas in it. Like most people my money did not come easy. I dont waste it. Besides i like to get kissed before screwed.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Ron owns a motorcycle delership in colorado. Sells yamaha, husky, beta, and artic cat. Say ron you get a harley sportster in trade give me a call and sell ot to me for what you paid for it. Ok no problem. When i was 14 1967 my dream bikes triumph bonneville and harley sportster. Well when 18 1971 it became the new 71 honda 4 i bought. Never bought the triumph or sportster so now will. Lets see do i take the triumph, sportster, dr 370 suzuki or old honda 360 or 67 305 scrambler up hwy 1 or the mountains or take the ocean rought by boat. Hey ron if something goes wrong can i have two acres of the 7 thousand acres to live on, no problem. Just drive up there in the older 40 ft rv i have and park it there. Lol maybe ill remember where your at. Think its around 9 sq miles.
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 pm This is what is called in CNC machining as drip feed.
It's kinda funny though, no? :lol:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Jack, I don't know nothing about those "new" Triumphs... :D Yes a bit suspect.............................
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire