zums
Guru
Guru

Re: before/after 383 dyno results

Post by zums »

randy331 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 pm
zums wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 pm
randy331 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Is an increase in window DC always good ?
No limit to it ?
What else will you trade for an increase in window DC ?

Randy
Different upper rpm points could make those questions moving targets
Tom
I'd say that would be part of the decisions you make.
Randy
Right, but once your locked in, no chaining it, all we have to do is invent a variable seat/valve diameter that can be altered at rpm, no sweat lol
Tom
frankthetank

Post by frankthetank »

randy331 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm
frankthetank wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 pm Care to share any details on the 505 truck build, maybe a separate thread I guess...?
The 505 in named Overkills, it's 4.350 bore x 4.25" stroke. Has a set of ported BB1 heads on it, ported dual plane intake, forged flat top pistons, 1/16- 1/16-3/16 rings,. 9-1 compression, has a coustom solid roller in it. Bigger than I'd have used cause he wanted some sound. 650 Quick fuel carb. 1.72 ratio magnum rockers.
It should run good. May be a little hard on the fuel bills. LOL
We've ran it here in the shop, but he wants it on the dyno before it goes in the truck.

Randy
Sorry for the delay, work seems to get in the way of Speed Talk...

Thanks for the reply, sounds like an interesting build, pump gas friendly even at full tilt. If you would share results on the dyno I would appreciate it.

Does it have a steeper seat angle valve job as well? How big did the BB1s wind up?

Sorry for the sidetrack. Thanks!
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

randy331 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm The 505 is named Overkills, it's 4.350 bore x 4.25" stroke. Has a set of ported BB1 heads on it, ported dual plane intake, forged flat top pistons, 1/16- 1/16-3/16 rings,. 9-1 compression, has a coustom solid roller in it. Bigger than I'd have used cause he wanted some sound. 650 Quick fuel carb. 1.72 ratio magnum rockers.
We've ran it here in the shop, but he wants it on the dyno before it goes in the truck.

Randy
Is it named Overkills or OverkillZZzz

Rick
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Rick360 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 pm
randy331 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm The 505 is named Overkills, it's 4.350 bore x 4.25" stroke. Has a set of ported BB1 heads on it, ported dual plane intake, forged flat top pistons, 1/16- 1/16-3/16 rings,. 9-1 compression, has a coustom solid roller in it. Bigger than I'd have used cause he wanted some sound. 650 Quick fuel carb. 1.72 ratio magnum rockers.

Randy

Rick
:lol: 505 cubic incheZ , has a nice ring to it!
Craig.
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

cjperformance wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:23 pm
Rick360 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Randy

Rick
:lol: 505 cubic incheZ , has a nice ring to it!
Sorry Rick,... yes I misspelled it. Yes it's OverkillZz.
And it doez seem to have a lot of cubeZ .
Just hope there are no problemz on the dyno. :P

Randy
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

frankthetank wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:37 pm
randy331 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 pm
frankthetank wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:07 pm Care to share any details on the 505 truck build, maybe a separate thread I guess...?
The 505 in named Overkills, it's 4.350 bore x 4.25" stroke. Has a set of ported BB1 heads on it, ported dual plane intake, forged flat top pistons, 1/16- 1/16-3/16 rings,. 9-1 compression, has a coustom solid roller in it. Bigger than I'd have used cause he wanted some sound. 650 Quick fuel carb. 1.72 ratio magnum rockers.

Randy
Sorry for the delay, work seems to get in the way of Speed Talk...

Thanks for the reply, sounds like an interesting build, pump gas friendly even at full tilt. If you would share results on the dyno I would appreciate it.

Does it have a steeper seat angle valve job as well? How big did the BB1s wind up?

Sorry for the sidetrack. Thanks!
Yes, I'll let you know how it goes on the dyno. Got one other engine in front of it for the dyno, and we sent the carb for it off for some work, so we need it back first. Need to dyno with the carb it'z gonna be ran with.

Yes, it has steeper than 45* seats. Low lift flowz for a low rpm engine is a myth.
Not sure on volume, I'll need to check with my son. I just did some work on one port to show him what I'd do, and he did the rest, and CCed them. I'll ask and let you know.

Randy
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Yes, it has steeper than 45* seats. Low lift flowz for a low rpm engine is a myth.
Not sure on volume, I'll need to check with my son. I just did some work on one port to show him what I'd do, and he did the rest, and CCed them. I'll ask and let you know.

Randy
[/quote]

this is classic quote that Randy put up above.
hypothetical-
son says- ''Dad'' can you help me on this SSR to compliment the 50* seat please
dad says - no problem "son" but help me lift this heavy steel crank in to this puller truck engine first because some son of a
b!!!h was to tight to buy a light weight piece !!!!!!!!!!!
sorry Randy i just could not help myself as you guys are having so much fun with the flowz etc at the moment :D :D :D :D
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

RevTheory wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm Grown-ass men, huh.
So-called professionals. Yet they can't even be professional on a forum where they frequently publicly post. They'd rather take the low road and browbeat you to death. That is ridiculous. I'd be embarrassed as hell if u were some of you. And ya wonder why some people have a huge internet presence and others not so much... Maybe customers are smart enough not to call a guy that's gonna browbeat them over their past/current choices, etc...who they dealt with, what parts they bought, etc...
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

steve cowan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:34 am Yes, it has steeper than 45* seats. Low lift flowz for a low rpm engine is a myth.

Randy
this is classic quote that Randy put up above.
hypothetical-
son says- ''Dad'' can you help me on this SSR to compliment the 50* seat please
dad says - no problem "son" but help me lift this heavy steel crank in to this puller truck engine first because some son of a
b!!!h was to tight to buy a light weight piece !!!!!!!!!!!
sorry Randy i just could not help myself as you guys are having so much fun with the flowz etc at the moment :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Crakin the funniezzz !
Craig.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

makin chips wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:24 am
RevTheory wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm Grown-ass men, huh.
So-called professionals. Yet they can't even be professional on a forum where they frequently publicly post. They'd rather take the low road and browbeat you to death. That is ridiculous. I'd be embarrassed as hell if u were some of you. And ya wonder why some people have a huge internet presence and others not so much... Maybe customers are smart enough not to call a guy that's gonna browbeat them over their past/current choices, etc...who they dealt with, what parts they bought, etc...
Wouldn't being a professional constitute doing it for a living? The people you are likely referring to, me included, are doing this for the quest of knowledge (a lot of times at mine and others here's own expense)….not to gain customers or acquire more likes from brain dead dipshits on facebook. I had a decent amount of my own money in the budget vortec engine mentioned in another thread and others engines that I share...education isn't always free. .. way more customers are fired in the circle than hired. So while your making chips (or eating paint chips) and trying to gain a fan and customer base, the circle just keeps accumulating more and more knowledge via internal information sharing.

I'm always looking to learn. If you have a better way or something to show, a meeting at a dyno facility could be arranged so you can show how its done.. If you have something to contribute on this thread...cool. If your purpose is soley to troll. Trust me, you don't know what your playing with there. There are a lot of threads on here that I think contain bullshit. I stay out of them(mostly lol). If that's how you view this one, just do the same.
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

Got the 383 fired up here in the shop. It's ready for the dyno. Got a BBC pullin truck engine headed to the dyno next week, (yes Steve those Big block cranks are made of lead LOL),... so this 383 will have to weight till after it.

Looks like I got room to move the cam forward 4*. It's in at 110* ICL now to start with. Will probably want 106-108 ICL. We'll start out with his carb, but I may try a 4500 on it too.

Will test with/without vacuum, has 30w break in oil now, and will change to 10-30 semi synthetic after a few pulls.

Went back with the same oil pan for now. Kinda wantin to see what the cam and head/intake work does first.
That's part of why I wanted the comp back the same too, to not throw it into the mix, that and the track he races at sells race gas labeled and priced as Sunoco Supreme, but it's 110 not 112. So I didn't want him there and low on fuel and buying some 110 if it was gonna be 14-1 or so.

We'll see if the gain in flowZz andz any powerZz. :lol:

Randy
novafornow
Pro
Pro

Post by novafornow »

Always enjoy your posts Randy. Some have forgotten how to "keep it real". I find that you generally do. I for one, thank you for that. Interested in the results.
PRH
Guru
Guru

Post by PRH »

Sunoco 110 is “Standard”, right? Standard is purple.

What gaz did you use for the first test session?

Will it be the same for the next test?
Somewhat handy with a die grinder.
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

PRH wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:40 pm Sunoco 110 is “Standard”, right? Standard is purple.

Yes, standard is purple and that's what the local track has but his pump says Supreme. Supreme is blue.
We used VP blue on the first session and we will use it again. It's what Joe keeps there.
I may bring some Sunoco 112 to make a pull or 2 just to see if there's any difference.
He tried some Q16 in the car, so he'd try that if I wanted.

Randy
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

randy331 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:20 pm
PRH wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:40 pm Sunoco 110 is “Standard”, right? Standard is purple.

Yes, standard is purple and that's what the local track has but his pump says Supreme. Supreme is blue.
We used VP blue on the first session and we will use it again. It's what Joe keeps there.
I may bring some Sunoco 112 to make a pull or 2 just to see if there's any difference.
He tried some Q16 in the car, so he'd try that if I wanted.

Randy
Which one is getting dyno'd first? Or all on the same trip?